Chapter 1

Leila's pov

"...he's so annoying," I rolled my eyes as Kaylee was ranting on about how she hated the only Noah Cox.

"He's not that bad," I mumbled. Aurelia raised her eyebrow at me. I bit the inside of my cheek to stop a blush from forming. 

(Chemistry class)

When we got to class, i put my bag down and walked over to Kaylee's desk. We had a quick chat with Aurelia before the bell rang.

"The bell has rung which means you should be in your seat," Ms. Marine, my chemistry teacher, said signaling Liam to get to his desk. I looked at Liam for a second before rolling my eyes, to think that Kaylee had a crush on him.

"Like I mentioned last class and the class before that, we will be working on the last project this semester. Pick a topic we learned about and write a book for a 6th grader about it."

How was a 6th grader going to understand a chemistry topic made for 11th grader? I was honestly done with school and the dumb projects they come up with.

"And," Ms. Marine added. "I will be assigning partners."

A chorus of groans were heard throughout the classroom. She put in our names in an online picker wheel. 

I didn't pay much attention to it, only when Aurelia got Justin as her partner. I wanted to get either Kaylee or Aurelia as my partner but since Aurelia was picked, I desperately hoped I would get Kaylee. I wouldn't mind if it was him either...

I looked up at the wheel as it was spinning. My cheeks went red when I saw who it landed on.

"Noah."

Ms. Marine spun the wheel again to pick his partner. I looked over at Kaylee and she rolled her eyes at Noah. I smiled and turned away.

I crossed my finger and started praying to all the gods out there that it would land on me. I could feel my heart beat increasing as the wheel slowed down.

"Kaylee."

I slumped in my seat, I knew the chance of me and him being partners was low but I felt jealous that Kaylee could get to be his partner and not me.

Kaylee looked at me as Noah sat down next to her. I looked away before she could roll her at him again. I didn't need to see my best friend and my crush sitting next to each other.

(5 minutes before class ends)

"We have 5 minutes before class ends, please start cleaning up," Ms. Marine called.

I walked over to the trash with paper scraps in my hands. I looked in the direction of Noah and Kaylee. I wish I didn't. They were laughing at something, with Kaylee's hand right next to Noah's.

I knew I shouldn't be jealous, it wasn't Kaylee's fault she was partnered up with Noah but I couldn't help but wish it was me instead of her. Me sitting next to him,  me talking to him, me laughing along with him. 

I shook my head and walked back to my desk to help Ammina, my partner, clean up the table.

"Hey." Aurelia popped up behind me. 

"Hi," I replied as I got got my binder and books.

We walked up to Kaylee who was talking to Noah.

"That's my number," she said, returning his phone. He smiled his dimple smile.

Oh great. They're exchanging numbers now?

"See you in class," Noah waved bye to Kaylee and walked off with his friends.

"Aren't you two going to the same class?" Arurelia asked when we were out of the classroom.

"Yea, but he said he noticed how I drop you two off at history so he said bye," Kaylee explained smiling to herself.

I rolled my eyes for the billionth time today. "Well why don't you go to him if he notices you so much?"

I grabbed Aurelia's hand and stalked off to thew end of the hallway.

"What's up with you?" Aurelia asked pulling her hand out of my grasp. 

And I then I realized what happened. Aurleia let me hold her hand...all the way to the end of the hallway.

"You let me hold your hand!" I exclaimed.

"Why are you so excited? I hugged you before," she replied.

"You hugged me when it was my birthday, that was 9 months ago."

"And, your point is?"

I rolled my eyes and smiled.

Hi everyone! I hope you enjoyed, please vote and feel free to leave a comment.

                                                                                                                                                                 ~A