Lost Soldier....

It was a clear bright sunny day, the day you had been waiting for. Alfred Jones's birthday. Silently you got dressed and walked over to Arthur's house. He was the one who told you about the terrible accident. You remembered it vividly, even if it has only been a year....it seemed just like yesterday.

"(Name)!" Arthur called as he ran up to you, He had called you and told you to come over. "(Name), I am so sorry" He hugged you but you didn't understand why. "What? What happened?" You asked looking at his tear stained face. "Alfred, he is dead....I am so sorry" Right then and there the minute you heard the words you had feared for so long.......

Arthur had been there, and has been there for you ever since. You started to walk faster not wanting to cry in public. Soon you reached Arthur's house and there he stood waiting for you with two red heart balloons. "Ready love?" He asked. "Yea..." You took one of the balloons and walked to the park where you and Alfred had first met, remembering it you smiled.

"Oh, sorry" You said as you bumped into someone. "No problem" The blond said as he helped you up from where you had fallen. "I'm Alfred" He smiled. "I'm (Name)" You had smiled back. "Nice to meet you (Name) Maybe we can catch lunch together sometime" "Yea, sounds like fun!"

That was it, the first day you met. You used to think it was cheesy, but now you just thought it was sweet of him to have helped you when other would have laughed at you. You let a small sigh escape your lips. "Everything ok (name)?" Arthur asked his English accent coated in grief. "Yea, just remembering the good times" You said with a small smile finding its way across your lips. How long has it been since you smiled last? A year? Hmmm....Soon you came to the bench that you had your favorite day on, the day Alfred promised to never leave your side until death knocked on the door. And even then he promised never to leave. Staring down at your finger lovingly you couldn't help but laugh a little. "Ok, you ready (name)?" Arthur asked looking at you. Nodding you looked at the balloon in your hand. Arthur let his go saying "Happy birthday brother, may you rest in peace" You thought for a moment then released yours whispering "Al, I will always love you, happy birthday dear. May you live without war in the sky above" Then you turned leaving.

~~Sunset~~

You walked past Arthur's house having something planned that he didn't need to know about. Walking fast you soon came up to the cemetery. Remembering the exact location of your loves grave you quickly showed up. Taking off your ring you placed it on the grave. You knew he would want you to move on, not to grief over him. He would want you to smile and laugh and remember the good times you had. So that was exactly what you were going to do. Smiling you turned and walked away silently saying in your head. 'I will never forget you, even if I move on, I will never forget my first love. Alfred F. Jones, The Hero, The United States Of America'

~~The End~~