Chapter 1

A young boy, about 5, runs down street, trying to escape from the mobs that chase him. He turns into an alleyway, hoping to lose them, but unfortunately ends up at a dead end. The mobs of civilians armed with pitchforks, kitchen knives, shovels, and many more household items-turned-weapons, corner the poor boy, and the boy pleads for them to leave him alone, terror shining in his ocean-blue eyes. The mobs yell to the boy, calling him names like "Demon!", "Fox brat!", or yelling about "Finishing what the fourth started." 

      The boy gets stabbed by a kitchen knife in his right leg, and then the villager that threw the knife walked over, snarling, and slowly twisted it in the wound. Another villager with a pitchfork stabbed him in his left arm, smiling at his pain. The cruel beating continues, many screams of pain from the boy and cries of joy from the villagers, until he is lying in a puddle of his own blood, his normally sunny blonde hair a reddish-orange dripping with the red liquid.

      The boy waits till the villagers leave, and then slowly gets up, wincing as he did so. Kit, are you okay? Yeah, I'm used to it. I'm sorry, it's my fault you have to deal with this. No it isn't your fault, Kura-nii. It's no one's fault. You didn't choose to be sealed into me. But-  No buts Kura, it is not your fault. Okay... The boy's wounds quickly fade, covered in a bubbly red chakra. The boy decides to sit on the stone carving of his father, the fourth hokage. 

     He sits there peacefully for a while, before he hears a scream echo from one of the civilians' houses. 'It sounds like a girl a similar age to me!' He decides to investigate what happened. As he  is running towards the house, he hears a cry of "Someone help me!" from the house. It was clearly a young five-year old girl crying out. He was surprised no one else noticed. You have advanced hearing, remember? Besides, most humans would be asleep by now. Oh yeah ok that makes sense. 

     He runs into the house to find a middle-aged man with a broken beer bottle standing over a scared girl bloodied pink hair and mint green eyes shining with fear. As he was about to hit her with the bottle, the boy grabs his wrist, standing in front of the poor girl. "It's the demon brat!" He yells. "Stay away from her!" The boy shouts back. The man stumbles away and the turns and flees.

     The boy turns towards the girl to see her looking shocked and scared. "Are you okay?" he asks. "Y-yeah, thank y-you." "What's your name?" He asks as he sits down next to her and gently holds her hand, putting a small amount of Kurama's chakra in to heal her. "I-I'm Haruno Sakura." she says, saying 'Haruno' with hatred and venom. "Who are you?" she asks. "I'm Uzumaki Naruto!" He says.

     "Hey, do you wanna' be friends?" Naruto questions. "Sure!" Sakura says cheerfully. "But, where do I stay? My dad was the one who beat me." When she said that, he gained a horrified expression. "You can stay with me!" He says. "Okay!" "Wait, what happened to your hair and clothes?" She asks finally noticing the blood. 

     "Oh well you see... He tells her about the Nine- tailed fox, Kurama, about the beatings, and about his parents. She is shocked, horrified, amazed, and angry when he finishes. "...Wow. I-I don't know what to think of this." He smiles and says, "Well, I think we should get home!" She smiles back and says, "Yeah!"