Forty One

IMANI

Its been a month since the engagement party and Dylan and I have been arguing nonstop. This has only happened one other time and that was during high school.

"Oh my fucking God, Imani. How many times do I have to tell you, they switched the schedule? So instead of getting there on time I was late!! I turned off my phone, how was I supposed to know your car stopped in the middle of the road?" he argued as I glared at him.

"You would know that, if you answered the damn phone when I call and not turn it off!" I responded and he sat on the floor, sighing loudly.

"Babe, when I'm at work. I need to be focused. Just like when you're in the studio, or filming... you're focused and sometimes you don't answer." he rebuttals.

"Yeah, but my phone is never off, Dylan. It's always on but silenced. You could've silenced your phone, unless the shit was dying— which it shouldn't have been, nowadays there are chargers everywhere." I responded as my bearded fiancée stood up and hugged me.

"I apologize baby, I won't do it again. I was rushing and wasn't thinking at all. I love you and I'm sorry you had to worry about me." he kissed me and I returned it. We decided to stay downstairs and watch a movie. I received a phone call and it was from Doja.

"Hey babes." I spoke softly, over Dylan's snores.

"hey Ima, you at home?" my bestfriend asked I hummed while shaking Dylan.

"Yeah, why wassup?" I answered taking the dishes to the kitchen.

"are you excited for next week?" the woman asked and I laughed.

"Why wouldn't I be, it's my bridal shower? I get to see you bitches after a month." I responded to her cryptic reply.

"okay good, its gonna be one for the books." she started cackling over the phone before hanging up and I gave Dylan a glare.

"Who was that?" he asked.

"Amala, being weird. As always." I spoke, going upstairs. Hearing Dylan groan I already knew what he was going to say, "Baby we didn't get to finish."

"I know we'll finish later, come on. It's time for sleep." He stomped with an attitude over to me and we walked upstairs to bed.

________________________________

Instagram

Liked by loriharvey, arianagrande, zendaya and 3,004,547 others

imanichanel: season three of the Imani Chanel show, is now streaming on Hulu ;) watch it if you dare

View all 600,450 comments

zendaya: imanichanel wifeyy