mother is missing

20th may 2019

I noticed at 19:00 that my mother had not arrived back from work.

How strange...

At 21:01 i texted her to ask if she was running late because of overtime and if i should cover dinner on my own.

21:30 she responded with a simple smiley face emoji. I didn't think too much of it at the time. Maybe she had just butt texted me by accident.

22:00 i received a voice note from my her. From the tone of her voice i had thought she was in a good mood until she said "I'm running away and i wont come back, don't find me it may upset you. I'm sorry my sweet daughter."

I - of course - immediately panicked and repeatedly rang her phone. There was no reply .

22:06 the family groupchat is blowing up . All the aunties are active and talking. I assume its random gossip so i dont check and continue to try to contact my mum.

22:15 my sister calls asking if mother is intoxicated. Unknowing of her current state , i simply reply with a don't know. Before ending the call i recount her voice in the voice message. Maybe she is? I tell my sister of what i had received. She then states that she had got something similar but in form of a text.

The text read as followed :

Hello my sweet daughter, I'm sorry for how i raised you. No child should ever have to go through being a parent at 8. ever since your brother was born you have been working hard for our household. But you are now 18 go live your life and forget about me. And dont worry about your siblings I'm sure your aunt and dad will look after them very well in our absence.

Once again I'm sorry. You were meant to do such good things yet i was your poisonous thorn in your side.

Goodbye xxx

The text sounded like a suicide note...

Its just turned midnight i needed to take a break from the reality of this all...

My mother might be dead right now...

And all I'm thinking about is myself.

How stupid am i?

00:08 I've decided to do something productive. If i can track my mothers phone maybe i can send someone to get her, that's if she's still alive...

00:23 thanks to previous situations like this i was able to track her. It seems like she's still alive because her phone is charging and she is located in a hotel. But this is no normal hotel. This is the hotel that she goes to every time she pulls one of her stunts. Thank go she hasn't followed through.

I call my aunt to go and get her as soon as possible just in case she try's to pull a stunt after she realises i have tracked her.

00:47 no updates on my mum and she has turned her location off.

01:29 my dog starts to bark rapidly soon followed by an opening of a door. Its my aunt and my mum. Thank god she looks ok. My aunt takes her upstairs and i follow behind her hoping to hear that she is ok and she is sorry. But what I'm greeted with is a "why".

"why did you tell her where i was? Why cant you just let me commit suicide in fucking peace. You have ruined me, get out of my sight." my aunt holds her back as she shouts words of abuse at me, she tries to shrug it of as her being out of it and unmeaning of any of this .

01:36 she has calmed down and is now sobbing her eyes out. Apologising to me. My aunt leaves to look after her baby at home . And all that's is left in the room is me and my mother .

Me and my sick mother.

I try to leave but i'm beckoned with a "please stay i wont shout again . I dont want to be alone right now . I'm sorry princess i didn't mean to say that to you."

There was a moment of silence.

"Stay, i need you"

So i stayed .