In the shortness of breath, All I had was you

I recommend you listen to "Saturn" by Sleeping At Last while reading this.

Amongst the pure bliss that Clarke had righteously sedated herself in, she knew she had to go. That perhaps, this was meant to be. She was forbade happiness. As was Lexa.

As kisses drifted their way back up Clarke's body, tentatively making sure not to miss any skin that was Clarke's own, Clarke couldn't help the giggle that escaped from deep in her chest out into the open when Lexa had kissed a particularly ticklish spot of Clarke's stomach. The blonde felt the brunette smile against her skin and in that moment, she knew it would be almost impossible to say goodbye.

Clarke laced her hands further into Lexa's hair, pulling the brunette up gently. As Lexa finally relented, allowing the blonde to tug her up successfully, she placed a few more soft kisses against Clarke's stomach, up her chest, and her lips.

"You know I have to go.." The blonde whispered. The sudden tear that made itself apparent in the brunette's eyes hadn't gone unnoticed by Clarke. She pulled Lexa closer, crashing their mouths together in a messy, unwavering kiss that said more than they ever could. I have to do this. I will find my way back to you. Always.

The two pulled away from each other gingerly, leaving all but a hairs length of space away from each other.

Lexa understood the look that resided in Clarke's eyes, nodding swiftly as she made her way back to her side of the bed that they both had spent countless minutes on, time getting lost in the process of pure bliss, lust, and everything the two women could not conjure up to say. Love.

Clarke sat up, the aching of her bones already settling in. As she groaned, standing up from the bed, she could practically hear the smile that resided on Lexa's lips. At the knowledge, Clarke quickly turned around and chucked a pillow at the brunette's face, hitting her target with pure accuracy.

Lexa removed the pillow from her face and looked at Clarke with a look the blonde had only ever seen a total of four times. The first, right before Lexa had kissed her, the second when Lexa had introduced Aden and her, the third when she had gone to say goodbye to Lexa and the fourth, well the fourth was right now. Lexa was staring back at the blonde with nothing but love and adoration and making it oh so much harder for Clarke to use her head and not her heart.

Clarke shakes her head and hopes that Lexa too can see the same look in her eyes.

I love you.

I love you too.

Clarke has to force the tears that attempt to escape her eyes back, gathering her clothes together and putting them on, Lexa following suit. By how it looked outside, it didn't seem she had much time left. Once the blonde was fully dressed, Lexa indulged her in a hug. It was tight, and of all the things she may never get to say. It was Lexa saying goodbye, for what she thought may be the last time. They both knew there were no certainties in this world. Nothing could be promised. Assured.

I do love you.

I will always, no matter what happens.

I hope you may come back to me.

Clarke hugged her back just as tightly.

"May we meet again, Clarke Kom Skaikru."

"May we meet again, Lexa Kom Trikru."

Although they may have sounded strong in that moment, the cracks and brokenness that lay in their voices were a complete opposite of that statement.

The two had both previously mutually agreed that it was best, for not only their titles as Wanheda and Heda, but also as Clarke and Lexa, to not bid their farewells at the gates. It's why Clarke had even come to Lexa's chambers.