In the midst of a battle, one can find love great enough for them to live for.

"S-sasuke.. if you're not going to let me save you... can I at least fall with you...?" He smiles fondly, his small grin shakey from all the blood loss. Despite being beaten to a bloody pulp he's still chasing after me.

I take a few steps back in surprise and skepticism. 'He was trying so hard to stop me, what the hell changed that?'

"Just what are you saying? You're not making any sense usaratonkashi." I slowly stumble to where he is laying, both of us are too tired to fight anymore. I stand above him waiting silently in anticipation for his answer.

"I... know I c-can't stop you.. so, I'm asking if I can join you instead." His smile grows more radiant then it did before. I can see the tears he won't let fall. 'I don't understand why he cares so much? To go as far as being rouge with me?'

"Just what are you getting at?" I glare menacingly.

"I want to stay with you.. I know it's hard for me to say it, but I really do care about you... I can't just let you be alone." His smile stretched even further across his whiskered face, tears silently flowing to the earth below. It was in this moment I realized how truly beautiful he is. Even though I'd never admit it, I think I love him. When he cries it's like the entire world is engulfed in an ocean of tears. I don't like it when he cries..

'H-he cares?? One of my main reasons for leaving the village was because I thought he didn't.. always thinking he's better then me. Is he just bluffing to stall for help? But if he truly does care about me.. I don't think he'd promise something that big to stall, he is a man of his word.... His wounds are being slightly healed due to the nine tails.. that's good..' 

"So? What do ya say teme?"