Prologue

"In the beginning, there was only darkness and light, 2 cosmic energies fighting against one another, and from this conflict was born the Invorak... Ancient beings brought to life in order to bring balance to the cycle, but in order to achieve this sacred task, these beings needed to bring the life to the Abyss. Upon scouring throughout the endless darkness, a vast mountain was discovered, and a mystical forge was found within... And from this forge came the sun, the moon, the earth, the seas, the skies, and finally the gift of mortal life. For eons would pass after the mortal beings were birthed in the holy blood of the Invorak and it is said that upon their awakening, seven of the Divine powers were carefully gifted only to those who were deemed 'worthy enough' to wield them and use them protect the land... Hmph, nothing but utter Foolishness." Spoke a cold voice as the pure white clouds soon grew dark as the reflection of both lightning and thunder quickly flashed in the room as a young man peered through the glass and watched over the mortal plane. "Why do you belittle that which you helped your brothers create?" Asked the man as he stood by his master's side and stared out the window before taking a glance at the man next to him... "Master Nídŭr...?" The room fell silent as Nídŭr's eyes slowly gleamed red and black as he stood still and looked out the window, his lips wet with red wine as he faintly twirled the black stained glass in his hand. Watching the mortals converse with one another, reading their lips as they speak to others, praising their creators... Praising only his brothers but not him. "Erabu, you just make it sound like I even 'wanted' to help them create any of these pitiful creatures." Nídŭr sneered as his grip tightened on the wine glass that he held, only for it to quickly shatter in his hand, spilling the contents within as wine and blood dripped down his fingers while the broken glass fell onto the hardwood floor, staining it crimson. "Master, you mustn't act so restless... You should be careful next time, and that is now the 3rd glass goblet this week." Erabu sighed softly as he brought his master away from the window and sat him down on an armchair before quickly cleaning up the many shards of broken glass and treating his master's wounds... "Ah, just leave it, Erabu... It's nothing to be worried about." Nídŭr muttered as he pulled his scarred hand away. "You know I can't... The others will ask about it." Nídŭr scoffed as he licked the blood off his fingers... "So let them ask." Irritation grew within Erabu as his master said this... But he also knew that it was his nature and just how his mind worked. Two halves combined to make one as one side merely reclined in the background while the other side sat at the helm, often struggling to make ends meet until the second half would often inquire a interesting plan or two for the first half to put into action though oftentimes, the two side would banter and argue with one another before reaching a concensus, allowing the first half to lanquor once more in solitude. "And what will be your excuse?" Erabu asked calmly as he cleared up the bloody bandages laying upon the bed. "Nothing actually... I don't even need an excuse, and besides, I don't intend to join them at the festival tonight. And if anything, I rather just stay here and practi-" Erabu's eyes quickly shot up as he immediately dropped the many bloodstained bandages and grabbed Nídŭr by the wrists, pinning him to the chair before he could even utter out another word... "Practicing the forbidden arts will make them suspicious of you, Nídŭr! Have you forgotten that the last time you used the forbidden arts, you lost control?! You nearly got yourself killed!!!" Nídŭr sighed as he brok away from Erabu and stood up before walking towards a nearby mirror and looked at his reflection. "Yes, and you know damn well that I can't allow them to continue to pull on my strings, Erabu... Strings that are soon close to snapping." Erabu faintly sighed as he watched Nídŭr take off his gloves that he wore in order to reveal the many dark scars which sat upon his now demonic arm while strands of demon magic began seeping out from the many wounds... Erabu knew what this all meant, a sign that Nídŭr's soul was now forever bound to the forbidden path, a path Nídŭr chose to awaken after getting into an argument with his brothers about their plan to create the Mórïtąn or Mortals as they're now called. And even before the birth of humanity, Nídŭr despised the thought of them, and in the aftermath, just seeing them roam the lands was like seeing many parasites infecting the land... Despite his brothers' words, he could not trust that they presumed the mortals to be harmless, and soon, Nídŭr decided that they needed to be destroyed quickly before they could, as he put it... 'Taint the world with their cruelty and wickedness!'. Erabu stood tall as he stared at his master, his mind and tongue insisting on trying to get Nídŭr to heed his warnings... "Y-you forget who you are, Nídŭr." "No, I haven't forgotten myself, unlike you, Erabu." His voice sounding as venomous as a cobra wanting to sink its poison into Erabu's flesh. "But surely you know that following this path-!" Erabu started before his words were cut off as he was pinned to the ground by his neck... "Will free me from the shackles that bind my will to their pathetic ideals!!" Nídŭr shouted as his grip tightened before Erabu struggled to speak his mind. "N-nídŭr, stop this... I meant no offense, and you know that I'm right." Erabu choked out as his voice slowly became nothing but a whisper... Nídŭr froze upon hearing this before releasing his grip, allowing Erabu to sit up and slowly recompose himself as he caught his breath. "I apologize... I didn't mean to snap like that, but you know that I can't give up. Not after all that I've done for my plans to reach this far." Nídŭr muttered as he placed his gloves back on and walked over to the fireplace and sat down on the nearby chair... "Even so, how do you intend for this mission to come full circle? It's only us against them." "Don't worry, I've been experimenting for a while now... And I know what I need to do to make my dream come true." Nídŭr said as he stared into the flames and smiled before the fire went out, unlocking a hidden passage leading down. Erabu stood silent as Nídŭr looked over to him and gestured for him to follow, to which he reluctantly did... "What is this? Where are we going?" Erabu asked as he followed his master down the staircase. "This place is where my power has grown... And now, Erabu, now you will see the true power of the Invorak." Nídŭr spoke as he opened the golden door, and Erabu beheld the most powerful and fiercely Knights of Calamity... An army of strong demonic beings forever duty-bound to serve their dark master. Erabu couldn't even believe his eyes as he entered the chamber and looked upon the seemingly motionless soldiers, their eyes gleaming red, their swords held at the ready, and their bodies enfused with Corrupted magic... This was the final piece that Nídŭr needed to bring back the 'balance' of Divinitas. This was his final Trump card to be played at the right moment and soon...

"This broken world shall soon
be reborn in My Etenal Shadow."

The End