Prologue

Two dragons flew together in the lonley sky. One of the most beautiful leopard pattern and the other with the most silver of scales. One betrayed by a dragon. The other a close friend.
"How much longer Moon?" Whined the leopard print one.
"Not much longer Dream! Were almost there!"

Why had he betrayed my heart? I thought he was good. Why was I fooled. What will happen to the hatchling? Am I putting Dreams hatchling at stake doing this? These thoughts bounced around in Moons head, Dream was her only friend, who was expecting as well but that had only been discovered a month ago.

They finally landed at a cave that was carved into the side of a cliff. Hidden well from veiw. "What is this place?" Dream said as they whisked through. "A safe place for my egg" Moon said before a old dragon appeared from deeper in the tunnel. His scales were pure white, almost translucent, and he held many scars from fights. His eyes were yellow and all seeing. With him he carried a staff made from horn ,of one of the many huge beasts on the island, that was carved with dragon images.

"Who is it that enters my cave?" He says roughly, his eyes were a clouded yellow. "It is me, Moon and my friend Dream." She replied as he walked closer. "Ah yes, Moon betrayed by a lover of different race." The old dragon says before continuing "I have been expecting you, please come over here. There's a spare cave down the hall."

"Wait your trusting him?" Dream said padding after. "Its the only way my egg will be safe." And with this she went into the room to have her egg.

-----------------------A few months later------
Moon rushed to the cave were the old dragon was watching her egg. She knew it was time for it to hatch. Reaching the cave she almost collapses from exhaustion but keeps going.

She makes it into the room were the old dragon was watching her egg.
It was silver and white with a mix of purple. A long crack was fixated along the shell. Moon padded over to the old dragon and watched as the cracks grew and grew.

Finally after a sudden crack the egg split open revealing a small wet dragonet. It squaked around looking for its mother who gladly walked over and picked it up. The delicate creature sat in her arms. "What will you name her?" The old dragon asked. Moon looks down at the small creature. It was silver like her but had the faint pattern of her fathers with splashes of purple and black. Her father. She remembered him before he became cruel. Scales the color of a panthers with the darker leopard markings. Handsome blue eyes and a clever grin on her face.

"Moondream. After Dream who helped me. But not her father. He chose his path." Moon says, a tear rolling down her cheek and onto the young hatchling. The old dragon gave a nod of approval before the guards rushed in and sent her and her hatchling away.