Prologue

Where was she? That was the first question a girl, just over the age of twenty-one, was asking herself. Her own memories seemed to be nonexistent as she was greeted by a brown and green scenery and the smell of rotting oak. She sat up, peering around with widened eyes of blue. She pulled dead leaves from her brown locks, growing more confused by the second.

Her head was aching, a feeling that only grew by the minute. She stood to her feet, dusting her dress off. It was then she realized completely that she was in a dress in the middle of the woods, and while that wasn't too shocking given people's fashion taste. Hers was more of something you'd where to prom. A blue hue, gleaming with silvery embroidery and sparkling jewels. It went all the way to the ground, the hem was caked in mud as if she'd been running.
What had she been running from.

"Well hello Cinderella, I think I saw your carriage just down the road." Came a male's voice dripping with a teasing tone.

"Where am I?" She asked, rubbing her forehead. She was not commenting on his teasing, nor did she care to acknowledge it. She just wanted to figure out where she was and she didn't need a stranger making it worse. Though she would be lying if she didn't think he was handsome— a true Adonis if she ever saw one.

"You're in Virginia, Miss Ella. Town is half a mile back that way." He walked towards her, looking her up and down. "And while I'd love to get to know you more, I have two of my friends to find. Though I guess I'd be rude to leave a beautiful lady such as yourself stranded in the woods."

She scowled, not enjoying the flirting. "Just point me in the direction and I'll be on my way."
He scoffed, but silently pointed in the direction of town. Though it wasn't the actual direction, he needed some excuse to come to her rescue.

She rolled her eyes, hiking up her skirts to begin her trek towards town. She wondered how expensive this dress had been and what she was truly ruining.