Dark days

Nothing was worse than going to your family members funeral the day before your birthday. I was turning 15 and my uncle had died from lung cancer I knew he wasn't going to make it after he done suffered so much like him losing his wife in a car accident and losing his sister from being abused by her husband. The funeral was full of sad faces and tears and mostly everyone didn't stay long because it was just to much for them. When the funeral was about to end everyone lit candles and said prayers and some made speeches I had wrote a speech, but didn't feeling like speaking. The funeral then ended as i wiped my eyes trying not to cry after losing my favorite uncle who had held me first when I was born. I went to the parking lot holding my brothers hand as I saw him sad and tears coming down his little eyes as I knew how he felt. My dad was depressed after my mom she had past away from breast cancer last month and my dad was devastated. We had lived in Hollow hills where old people lived and kids were all grown up and went off to college or got married. We didn't have perfect weather in Hollow hills we just had clouds and sometimes rain. I remembered Hollow hills was a wonderful place to live when mom was still alive, but it all changed. We live in a small house with small space and we have 1 bathroom so things can get tuff, but it didn't matter when mom was here. We ate the same thing everyday red beans and white rice which is cheap at the store we go to and drink milk. We never complain because that's just how it is if your not hungry then starve my dad would say. When we arrived at home no one was thinking of food at the moment my brother sat on the couch and took out a picture of mom and my dad went upstairs to his room without a sound. I sat next to my brother Jason as he mumbled the word "mom".I patted his head and put it on my shoulder and sang him a song mom used to sing when we were sad. Jason then fell asleep at the end of the song as I lifted him in my arms and carried him upstairs to his bedroom putting him under the covers and taking the picture of mom out his hand and putting it in my pocket and kissed his forehead. I gently closed the door behind me and checked on dad's bedroom down the hall I opened the door and dad was near the window smoking a cigarette with the window open trying not to have a scent in his room, i closed the door quietly and went back downstairs and laid on the couch.
Moments to be forgotten
I had dozed off dreaming of mom and my uncle and how they were in the living room talking about work like they always do when he come over to visit us, but it wasn't real anymore. I had put on my rain boots and my jacket and went outside to dig in the mud and made mud pies like we used to jason loved mud pies he almost tryed to eat one once mom laughed so hard she snorkeled and we laughed, it was the best day ever for a good laugh. I then went down the hill which was behind our house which lead to a lake with few fish to swim in and plants that hardly grew without sunlight or rain. I would touch the water and make water droplets like mom used to make when she was bored or needed some time to herself me and her had that in common, but jason didn't. I closed my eyelids and prayed to god hoping that we wouldn't have no more deaths in our family.
Silent hills
It was morning and it was my birthday I didn't feel excited at all after what happened yesterday. I went downstairs and cereal and milk were on the table, my brother was barely eating his frosted cornflakes as he stared dead at the bowl I went to the cabinet and got a bowl and went into the drawer to get a a spoon I sat at the table and poured some cereal in my bowl and milk and stirred til it was mushy. After breakfast my dad told me to take jason out for a walk I didn't argue so I did what he told me and got dressed and went out. We walked on the sidewalk and saw the quiet houses and felt the silent breeze of the wind where trees shaked and dead leaves fell out the trees. We then turned back around towards the house as I looked at Jason and saw sadness in his face.
Broken glass
I was in my room looking at the ceiling and thinking of mom and how her smile made everything better when we were down and when we needed cheering up and she would tell the funniest jokes to people if they were in bad moods. It was lunch time and my brother was at the table already eating my dad was making tuna sandwiches and chips were on the side. I of course wasn't hungry I had lost about 10 pounds for not eating for a whole week because of depression from losing my uncle nothing seemed to get better. I sat at the table and dad handed me my lunch I stared at it for a while and then ate my sandwich, but didn't eat the chips I was already full from the sandwiches. I then went outside and walked to the backyard where there was broken glass from an old window we used to have I felt like putting the window back together, but it was a hazard from cutting myself. I wanted to fell the pain of a cut and how I would bleed blood and start fading into a sleep.
Faceless hopes
I stood in a puddle with a picture of mom and my uncle and a lighter in my left hand I was going to burn memories of them I couldn't hold on to them anymore so I burned them and put it in the puddle as grabbed some dirt and threw it in the puddle trying to bury it and not be seen. The clouds started rolling in and then there came the rain and lightning. I still stayed outside and realized that everything was coming to an end and there was know hope it was just faceless.