𝖒𝖎𝖘𝖘𝖎𝖔𝖓 1

𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖜𝖆𝖑𝖐 𝖙𝖔 𝖒𝖞 𝖍𝖔𝖚𝖘𝖊 𝖜𝖆𝖘 𝖒𝖚𝖈𝖍 𝖘𝖍𝖔𝖗𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖓 𝖎 𝖜𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝖍𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝖑𝖎𝖐𝖊𝖉. peter was more than determined to figure out all of his problems. i on the other hand was a nervous wreck. my hands were sweaty and the tingle would not leave me alone. i know my father wouldn't try anything, especially after our last lovely conversation, but fear was becoming my new daily mood.

when we arrived i broke the long-lasting silence of the trip. i turned to peter making him stop dead in his tracks. peering up at him he wore his father's old glasses still making them gleam in the evening sun. a slight breeze flew past us making his hair sway down into his eyes. lord have mercy. i cleared my throat feeling the small blush rise on my cheeks. "o-ok i know you're gonna want to talk to him alone and i completely understand. just um...just don't push yourself ok? i'm gonna be in my room down the hall just let me know when you're leaving..." my words trailed off from my nervous outburst. my eyes glared down at my shaking hands as i wiped them on my shirt.

gentle hands cupped my face raising my eyes to meet brown irises. a big smile adorned his face making his eyes squeeze closed on the outer corners. i could tell he was slightly nervous as well but was putting on a brave face for me. "i'm gonna be fine. you're the one having a heart attack on your front porch, not me. just chill ok? and after this, you're gonna be spilling your guts about what's been up with you lately." he spoke gently but his words had an impact. i huffed as he squeezed my cheeks making cute little pouting noises. i quickly swatted his hands away as my face grew hotter by the second. "fine whatever you say parker."

he followed close behind me as we made it to the door. swinging it open i trudged in hearing my father moving around paperwork at the kitchen table. upon hearing us enter he turned to me about to speak until he noticed peter hot on my tail. "hello darling...how did you come to meet one of my interns?" he flipped one of his books closed as he rose and stepped closer to us. "he goes to my school father um..." i looked up to peter about to continue before being cut off. "yes well young man you will have to wait if you have questions until we are at oscorp. this is a home you see-" i huffed stepping forward slightly cutting him off instead. " he's not blind father. if you would let me finish you would know this richard parker's son." i said giving him a small glare. my father ignored my snide comment and instead focused on peter. he adjusted his glasses as his eyes widened. "p-peter?"

*:・゚✧*:・゚

i left the two in the kitchen swiftly diving into my room and leaving the door open to hear bits of the conversation. i kicked off my worn-out sneakers and flopped face-first onto my bed. my first second of silence was being torn apart by my endless anxiety. i know i have to tell peter, especially after his confession this morning i just don't know how. what if he freaks out and never speaks to me? holy shit what if he reports me to the police! he wouldn't do that...right? i mean he's been all sorts of screwed up since the oscorp mishap so it might be fine. ugh, this sucks.

i could hear the distant chatter from the kitchen as i lazily rolled off of my bed and walked to my now neat bathroom. father of the year goes to you for cleaning up our once-destroyed house. i slipped out of peter's clothes from last night making a mental note to wash them. i turned on the shower allowing steam to fill the small bathroom. the shower was short but sweet. allowing my tense body to relax was a blessing. i thought over my options as i washed my hair. i need to get more comfortable with these strange new abilities before i introduce them to others. who knows how long that would be but it would be safer.

˗ˏˋ 𝚖𝚒𝚜𝚜𝚒𝚘𝚗 𝟷 : 𝚖𝚊𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚢𝚘 𝚜𝚑𝚒𝚝ˎ˗

*:・゚✧*:・゚

peter left after about 30 minutes of speaking with my father. we walked to the nearest subway station but he insisted that i go back home and rest up for school the next day. he said we could talk about everything then once my head is on straight. i reluctantly agreed. before we bid each other goodbye i snuck one last promise into our setup. "if anything happens i'm your first call. got it parker?" he chuckled and engulfed me in a bear hug. "i got you connors. now go SLEEP."

after watching him skip down the stairs instead of going home i made a giant detour to an abandoned warehouse. this place would have to be the base of operations for figuring out my "power".

my eyes landed on some old furniture and appliances. i trudged over to an old table and rummaged through the contents of its draws. pulling out an empty soda can i sat crisscrossed and laid it down in front of me. i need to build my way up right? raising out my arm i focused on the can and before long it was floating. i smirked and squeezed my hand shut watching as the aluminum caved into itself as i threw it across the big room.

aw hell yes.

*:・゚✧*:・゚୨⎯ "6 hours later" ⎯୧

sweat covered my whole body. the already messy warehouse had just gotten wrecked ten times worse. the dusty floors were littered with crushed appliances and shattered glass. the walls had been decorated with holes and small dents from where i had progressively thrown objects harder. the power had grown tremendously as time flew by. i could control the glowing eyes now. i could use the power without worry now as the only proof it was there were the small wisps of lavender that floated around my fingertips. however, i knew i had a long way to go before having everything under control.

i huffed digging my phone out of my pocket to look at the time. holy shit it was 12 in the morning. i quickly raced out of the warehouse and down the street. until i realized my feet were no longer hitting the hard pavement. lavender wisps flew under my feet as i continued to run. at least i was learning not to freak out as much anymore. just accept the weirdness i guess.

thanks to the newest addition to my abilities i got home in record time. landing in the backyard beside my cracked window i slide inside and flopped onto my bed. it didn't take long for the darkness to pull my exhausted mind in.

*:・゚✧*:・゚

a/n

hi baes!

i'm sorry for taking so long but ya girl finally graduated!!

now that it's summer i'm hoping i can update a lot more cuz i'm kinda addicted to this messy af storyline.

anywayz thank you for all reading ily

Published June 7 , 2022

Edited Jan. 15, 2023