Good Enough

You sighed in peace as the warm water cascaded down your body, relaxing your soar muscles and washing away all the blood, dry and not, from you. It was a particularly difficult hunt but luckily was over now. It was some freaking demon, picking girls up at bars and then torturing them (as you had found out). All of them would go missing for exactly seven days and then would be found at the doorstep of their houses all bloodied, bruised, beaten and cut. Fortunately you managed to find the demon quickly but since you had the suspicion that he worked with others too, you had to follow him to find his hiding place.

Unfortunately for you, though, that meant that you had to be the bait. You had to go get all well-dressed, put some make up and try to seduce him into choosing you and getting you to his place as one of his 'victims'. You really doubted in the beginning that he was going to choose you, though, not matter how much you tried to seduce him. Even if you tried your hardest you knew that there was no chance he would chose you over any other girl at the bar. Not that you had told this to the guys. You were self conscious about your body and whole image in general but you hadn't showed it to the boys and certainly not Dean. Why would you?

You doubted he would even be interested to hear your self-pity words. You doubted he would even care to hear at all when he could have any woman he wanted to, clinging to him every second. Why would he? Sure you were best friends for about 5 years and had shared more than plenty of secrets and thoughts. You were really close, that was true, but you were not going to tell openly to the man that you were in love with (even though he didn't know that either) the thoughts you had about yourself.

To cut a long story short, though, your plan had gone perfectly well, which also surprised you too. Despite Dean's many protests of going in there as a bait the plan had worked and after you got the demon to take you to his place, Sam and Dean following closely behind, they both barged in and managed to kill them. Maybe it took them a little long, seeing as the demon managed to get to torture you, but it was nothing that an experienced hunter like you could not take.

You exited the bathroom and started drying your hair with a towel. Two thoughts constantly running through your mind. The one was the look on Dean's eyes when he had barged in through the door of the warehouse where they kept you. You had never seen that look on his eyes before. Nothing that you had experienced before. When his eyes locked with yours and he saw the state you were, bloodied and with some bruises, you could clearly see it. He was angry but at the same time... scared. Of you getting hurt? Of you dying?... Of him losing you? You really couldn't point your finger on it. But what surprised you even more was that when he managed with the help of Sam to kill all the demons and he managed to free you... he hugged you. 

He had never hugged you so tightly and you had never heard his heart beat so wildly. Maybe it was from the adrenaline but you couldn't help the tiny bit of hope in you that maybe it was because he was scared of losing you and he finally felt relief to have you in his arms. You didn't really care at that moment though. You just hugged him like there was no tomorrow and decided not to think of anything else... but him and his arms wrapped tightly around you. His face buried in your neck and yours buried in his chest, breathing in his scent.

The other though, well the other thought that ran through your mind was the look on Dean's eyes once again. But not when you were on the warehouse. No, this time it was the look Dean had on his eyes when you had walked out of your room; black high heels on, accompanied by a tight black dress that showed off your curves more than you'd like. You didn't have another one, though, and you needed to do the job asap. Catching the demons was more important that your own insecurities. The look on Dean's eyes though made you want to hide yourself from eyesight, even more. You couldn't really decipher it, but his wide eyes and wide open mouth certainly indicated that he was shocked. You didn't really know if it was a pleasant shock or not, though.