ONE

My whole life I have always dreamed of finding love, real and genuine love. Love like those you read in books and see in movies.

But no matter how hard I looked and no matter how long I searched I couldn't seem to find it.

As I got older I gave up, love like the movies and books doesn't exist in the real world, the world I live in. So therefore I don't believe in love.

Life as a small town highschool student in 11th grade is honestly pretty boring. I've been going to school with the same people my entire life.

Same best friend since I was 5, same snobby popular girls, same football team, they are the true heartbreakers,  along with the same cocky jocks, and I obviously can't forget the guy that ever girl adours.

Our very own star quarterback, #47, Colton Roy.

Don't get me wrong he is incredibly attractive, but I tend to stay away from boys like him. Not to mention that I would never have a chance with him, my sister is more of his type anyway.

Ah yes my sister, Olivia Rae, the one and only.

She is a year older than me and guys practically drool over her. She is the hottest and most popular girl in school.

She most of the time pretends like I don't even exist while we are at school, which I didn't mind. I've never liked the idea of being "popular."

My first day of 11th grade started like all my other years just one big difference, I drive now. Driving came really easy to me as I was learning, I loved it, it was almost like an escape for me.

I woke up at 6:00 in order to make sure that I wouldn't be late to school for my first day.

The day was a typical August day, not too hot, not too cold. I grabbed a cute semi cropped shirt and a pair of ripped jeans.

"These will have to do" I mumbled to myself. Gosh I really need to go shopping soon.

As I was doing my mascara I looked down at my phone to check the time.

"Oh crap, how is it already 6:30" I said annoyed while rushing to finish my mascara.

I put my long  blonde hair up and grabbed my bag from off my bed and ran downstairs.
I practically almost tripped on my way down because of how fast I was going.

"Hey darling, I just finished breakfast, are you hungry?" My mom asked with the biggest smile.

Olivia was already sitting at the counter eating.

"No thanks mom, I'll just grab something on my way to Liz's house." I said as I passed them.

Olivia glared at me and I just ignored her.

"Alright honey, have a great day at school, I love you." My mom said, sounding a little disappointed.

I felt bad, obviously, but I couldn't risk being late. If I would've stayed she would have talked to me for at least 30 minutes and plus  I am not a big breakfast person, I hardly ever actually eat breakfast.

"You too mom, I love you" I replied as I headed out the door.

I got in my black Toyota Camry and started driving to Liz's house. She lived around 15 minutes from my house. Once I got in I looked at the clock on my car that read 6:40.

Okay school doesn't start for another 40 minutes, I have enough time to grab a coffee from the gas station before I pick up Liz.

I stopped at the gas station that was only 10 minutes away from her house.  This certain gas station was always full of high school students in the morning.