1

warnings for this book

- polyamory {incase you're against that}

- gay couples {incase you're against that}

- characters ages will be different

- a bunch of idols with the last name hwang + ni-ki will be hyunjin's siblings because i'm out of ideas.

cast!

- chan as hyunjin's father

- minho as the evil king and chan's brother

- changbin as jeongin's assisstant

- hyunjin as a mermaid prince

- han as minho's human ex

- felix as hyunjin's mother

- jeongin as the human prince

couples!

- chanlix, the kings of the ocean

- minsung (mentioned)

-  hyunseungin, our main ship

- changbin is aroace

***

Our story begins on a lovely Saturday morning. Birds fly high above the ocean, happily chirping. Dolphins leap out of the water, playing with one another.

An old wooden ship is also on the ocean. It belongs to none other than the royal Yang family. Several sailors accompany the prince and his assistant. They're telling stories of shipwrecks and mythology. 

"Today is a lovely day. Fresh air, the blue ocean. Not a cloud in the sky." Jeongin says, smiling as he looks over the ship into the ocean.

Jeongin's assistant, Changbin leans over beside Jeongin. "Ah yes, very lovely."

A sailor shouts from the other side. "King Chan must be in a good mood."

Jeongin narrows his eyes. "King Chan?" He asks.

The sailor nods. "Yes! King Chan. Ruler of all merpeople. Ruler of the seas. I thought everyone knew about him."

Changbin scoffed. "Merpeople? Really? Jeongin, don't listen to this nonsense. Merpeople do not exist. Never have, never will."

"But it isn't nonsense! Merpeople really do exist. Apparently merpeople and humans used to get on well until an evil sea king found out his human lover cheated on him and he cast a horrible spell upon him. The humans became angry and began capturing and selling merpeople. Because of this, merpeople hate humans and have moved to the bottom of the sea where humans can't go."

Changbin rolled his eyes.

***

Speaking of merpeople, King Felix, Chan's husband, was putting on a concert. He had got all of his children (mermaids can change their gender for reproduction purposes) ready. Merpeople were flooding the castle's concert hall.

Felix and Chan were backstage, laughing with one another. Fanfare was heard throughout the hall. 

"Ahem," a young merman begins, "Your majesty, King Chan!"

Applause rises, and Chan swims out from behind the stage.

"And," The merman continues, "King Felix!" 

Felix smiles softly at the crowd as he swims out.

Chan smiles at Felix. "I'm really looking forward to this performance you've had our kids rehearsing for weeks."

Felix smiles and swims around. "Oh, this is gonna be the finest concert this hall has ever hosted. Uhhhh, no offense to Bulletproof Merboys and Coralpink." 

Chan laughs. 

"Our children are gonna be spectacular!" Felix says, throwing his hands up.

"Yes, especially our youngest child, Hyunjin."

Felix smiles. "Yes. He has one of the most beautiful voices I ever heard..." Felix says, then looks around before whispering, "if only he showed up to rehearsals more."

Felix swims to the podium, and nods. The stage lights up, and 5 merpeople appear on stage.

"We are the children of King Chan and Felix! Great parents who love us well! Yeji, Minhyun, Tiffany, Niki. Now for our youngest sibling~ Making his musical debut. Hyu-"

A giant shell opened up, Hyunjin was supposed to be in it. However, when the shell opened, it was empty.

The crowd gasps. The siblings froze. And Chan yelled.

"HYUNJIN!"