Introduction

I've always hated Romeo and Juliet. It was never realistic enough for me.
Love at first sight isn't real. Loving someone enough to kill themselves for you is stupid. The way they speak would never actually be in someone's dialogue, only if they were trying to be funny. The worst part of all, though, is how unsatisfying their emotions are.
It's like they're talking to brick walls.
It's not raw.
It's not compelling.
It makes me wonder how they ever fell in love in the first place.

Juliet should've been screaming. Not peacefully shoving a dagger into her chest.
She shouldn't be kissing a dead man.
The dead man with poison on his lips.

She never cried. There were no tears. Just death.
That's the only thing those teenagers could even think about.

Even when my mother told me this tale, I gagged at the thought of that ever happening to me.
And it never did, thankfully.
But what did occur was much worse.
Way worse.

Imagine your life being scripted. Like it was just out of a play.
Imagine it being the exact copy of another, but extremely different at the same time.
Imagine having to live by a prophecy where you're probably going to face the same fate as the people you read in a book.
Imagine facing it all when you're 17. When you haven't really lived yet.
Imagine being me.
Well, and him too.