Prologue

*7 months ago*

*Madison's POV*

Looking around at the disaster that was sitting around me. Trying to figure out how I ended up in this mess. I had nothing to do with the outcome of this horrific event, I was placed front and center of it like I was the one to cause it. I look around at the full room of my parents, my alpha and Luna, and other pack wolves as they look at me and everything around me. I looked at my parents hoping they would listen to me and believe me. But they stood there and shook their heads in disappointment, thinking that I had become someone they didn't want anything to do with anymore. I couldn't take it any longer, I ran out of the scene as fast as my legs could take me. I ran to my parents house and upstairs to my room. I threw together a small bag, with some of the money that I had saved back and some changes of clothes, even though I would be running most of the time in my wolf form. I could feel her clawing at the surface wanting out and wanting to howl at the pain and anger I felt bubbling inside of me. But I pushed her to the side for the time being and finished packing my bag. I left the house and ran to the edge of the territory, looking back at what I thought would be my home forever. I thought that one day at the mating ceremony my mate would take me away from all that or if I got lucky I would be able to stay because he lived in the pack. I took a deep breath and walked out of the bounds of the territory and began my journey as a rogue wolf. I was alone and I would never be able to go back.