the wave

i was gonna catch it, it was gaining on me as i frantically did freestyle. the wave tossed and turned me but i layed like a ststue in the middke of it. yus! i was right on- WHAM a wave of pain showered me as i got hurtled to the sandy bottem. i shakily swam to the top holding my head. the first thing i sae was a blood stained surf board from a nearby surfer.

a girl the age of 14 surrounded by blood stained water with that same liquad trikeling down my face the first tjing i thought was shark!!!

i swam furiously towards land, shock taking over pain, my breathong was turning into gasps, my gasps turned into nothing. my kicking and thrashing also turnrd into silence as i sunk lower and lower, the glassy water turned into a swirling black hole swollowing me into a dark world.

HOOT TOOT

my eyes flickered and my last bit of energy got a mind of its own. i pushed off the sand to the top and saw a nearby fishing boat, i waved my hand wildly and a man grabbed it and heaved me onto board, i almost fainted with gratitude when suddenly a great white shark grabbed my leg it was like a tug of war. i was screaming for mercy- the shark won. it got my leg but that was not enougg, he just wanted more, he bit my arm but luckily the man got hold of me and i got dragged onto the boat unconcious.

1 week later i got out of hospital wuth an amputated leg up to my knee and 42 stitches in my arm.

i was getting towed in a wheelchair by my wheelchair by my careworker sharon.

when i came to school everyone looked at me as though i was a freak- though maybe i was...

it was my first class and girls were whisperinv to their friends glancing at me , thinking im a robot- no feelings what so ever. well i was no robot- i could hear them allright saying "look at her leg, ew gross, i wonder if it hurt." well would it hurt you if a shark ripped off your leg. i pretended that nothong happened i said hello i did my work- ignoring all the glances and whispering. but some people thought i was amazing! a hero. they wanted my picture even though i was their good friend.