Romeo and Juliet: A Modern Story

Chapter 1

In the beautiful city of Verona, where our story takes place, a long-standing hatred between two families erupts into new violence, and citizens stain their hands with the blood of their fellow citizens. Two unlucky children of these enemy families became lovers and commit suicide. Their unfortunate deaths put an end to their parents' fued.

Sampson and Gergory Capulet walked onto the downtown streets of Verona Beach, CA. The 18 year old twin brothers were dressed almost just alike. Both of the boys have curly brown hair, green eyes, and dimples. Sampson had on khaki cargo pants and a blue polo, while Gregory had on khaki cargo pants and a red polo. They were hoping to start a fight with their family enemies, the Montagues.

"Gregory, I swear we can't let them humiliate us. We won't take their garbage." Sampson said.

"No, because then we'd be garbage men." Gregory said teasingly to Sampson.

"What I mean is, if they make us angry we'll pull out our bats."

"Maybe you should focus on pulling your self out of trouble, Sampson."

"I hit hard when I'm angry."

"But it's hard to make you angry."

"One of those dogs from the Montague house can make me angry."

"Angry enough to run away. You won't stand and fight."

"A dog from that house will make me angry enough to take a stand. If I pass one of them on the street, ill take the side closer to the wall and let them walk in the gutter."

"That means you're the weak one, because weaklings get pushed up against the wall."

"You're right. That's why girls get pushed up against the walls-they're weak. So what I'll do is push the Montague men into the street and the Montague women up against the wall."

"The fight is between our parents, and we their children."

"It's all the same. After I fight the men, ill be nice to the women-ill cut off their heads."

"Cut off their heads? You mean their maidenheads, as in take their virginity?" Gregory said laughing.

"Cut off their heads, take their maidenheads-whatever. Take my remark in whichever sense you like."

Still laughing Gregory said, "The women you rape are the ones who'll have to "sense" it."

"They'll feel me as long as I can keep an erection. Everybody knows I'm a nice piece of flesh."

"It's a good thing you're not a piece of fish. You're dried and shriveled like salted fish."

Abram Montague, the oldest son of the Montague house walks in. He's the same age as the Capulet twins. Abram is tan and has a tall black quiff with a blonde streak and a fit body. He's wearing khaki cargo pants and a red and blue plaid dress shirt.

"Pull out your tool now. It's Abram Montague." Gregory said nervously, clutching Sampson's arm.

"I have my naked sword out. Fight ill back you up." Sampson said readying his fists.

Gregory let go of Sampson's arm. "How will you back me up-by turning your back and running away?"

"Don't worry about me."

"No really. I AM worried about you!"

"Let's not break the law by darting a fight. Let him start something."

"I'll drown at him as he passes by, and he can react however he wants."

"You mean how ever he DARES. Ill bite my thumb at him. That's an insult, and if he lets me get away with it he'll be dishonored."