only

He's been looking at me from the corner of his eyes. I pretend to not noticing and busy with my phone. I got no data plan in this country, so I'm pretty confused what I should click and do. I have this offline notes full of poetry, but if I check it, I will remember all the burried memories. I try to avoid unlocking the past, since it will be tough to go back to reality once you're lost in there. I have no music in my iPhone, so it's hard to pretend to listen to music either. I have this tone deaf personality, I read, I blog, I write, I don't listen to music. And that's about it.
It's a cold summer, but I thank God for the sun and blue sky, I hate grey clouds, it makes me sad. It's the only thing that make me hate London in the first place. But destiny brought me here. I won a writing competition and they send me here, alone, hoping I can make my own way studying creative writing. It's not difficult of course, London is one of the best navigated cities in the world. But also tricky. Here's the thing. I'm alone. And I look kind of attractive. Men of specific kinds will stop me every now and then, some politely asked for coffee, some will push his way. Some, will looking at me in silence, from a far. Just like him.
I feel he's not a threat. Partly because he's handsome. I'm a bit bias, but I just know when a man is having bad intention towards me. Like the guy that stop me in the park. He was polite, but his eyes show some thirst. He was also very aggressive. You just know when things go wrong. Your heart will shiver.
And this guy, the guy with dark brown suit and a thick framed eyeglasses, makes my heart shiver in different way. I observed the magazine and the leather bag he carry. Also the shoes. Shoes are important. He's stylish, like he just came out of a middle-eastern magazine fashion spread. I almost can imagine a black sport car waiting on his side, like a true companion.
But no.
Just like me, he's waiting for his train. I can see the train is coming our way. He walked, so the distance between us drew a little bit closer. I can feel my heart skip a beat. I'm holding my breath for no obvious reason. I need to breath. I need to know the scent of his perfume. I need to hop on the train from the same smaller entrance, so our shoulder can brush a little. Just to calculate how much the actual chemistry we have.
The train stop with a breeze that dramatically set a mood between us. We silently walk in and set to sit in front of each other. Finally, this time he look me in the eye, and he smile. I smile back, half-smile. Still not pretty sure what to do.
"Baby, you ok? Sorry, these phone calls...!"
A guy, in a hurry, sit beside me, holding my hands, appologizing. He's my fiancé. I forgot that detail. I'm mostly alone, except when my fiancé's around. The guy in front of me, with blank crystal eyes, he's about to say something, maybe a 'hi' or other things he's been trying to say to calm his festive heart, but everything stop like the end of a song after a chorus. He's a stranger. We fell for each other in the most dramatic way. Yet sadly, he's my another missed connection.