Prologue

Sitting in his old house, a man drank another beer, typing away on his computer. He had to finish this chapter, he had to. He was on a roll, staying up for over three hours to write this book. It HAD to be finished.

However, his thoughts were interrupted by a pulse of energy, causing him to clutch his head in pain. Eyes wide, he took in the whispers, mouth agape at the news. Not only one, but two nephilim had come into being. They weren't just normal nephilim, they were arch-nephilim.

He sighed, taking his head in his hands as he struggled to catch his breath, anxiety taking over.

No, not again!

Last time, the consequences were almost catastrophic in nature, their powers almost destroyed the world. Had he not stepped in...

He shook that thought from his head, focusing on the task at hand. He HAD to do something, and quickly.

Grabbing his coat and slipping on a clean pair of jeans, he hurried to the door, grabbing his keys. He scoffed, shaking his head. He didn't need a car, he was God.

"Let's get this over with." He mumbled, closing the door and putting his keys back.

Arriving at the place, he was surprised to find it empty. Looking around him... His head snapped around, turning to the doorway. A familiar trace of angel grace met his senses, causing a scowl to come to his face. Castiel, what are you doing?

He mentally slapped himself. Of course, he'd be the one to help, with his compassion and all that. Maybe it was a bad idea to pair him with the Winchesters...

"Chuck Shurley? What are you doing here?"

Chuck turned to see Raphael, his third son. A smile came to his lips, knowing what to do.

"I came here as quick as I could! A-a premonition hit me, and I felt a surge of power." Chuck did his best confused-yet-terrified acting voice, relying on his time as playwright-actor in high school.

"So you sensed the nephilim too?"

Chuck nodded, self-consciously pulling on the collar of his jacket.

"What does this mean?"

Raphael sighed, bringing a hand to rest against his face as he thought.

"By the power, I believe it was Lucifer."

Chuck's eyes went wide, and he hid a small scowl. Lucifer?

"What are you going to do?"

"Kill her."