𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

When we entered the room, I saw a door, a big machine and some drawers on a desk.

"Hmph..." Alice huffed. "I've deemed it safe. Why don't we have a look around?"

Inside of the drawers, there were multiple different documents inside. One even showed instructions for the charger. Close to that, there was a large machine. It looked a bit similar to a drink machine, but something told me that wasn't what it was.

"Is this the charger...?" I asked.

"Huh?" Hinako asked. "It's not a drink machine?"

"I'm super thirsty!" Anzu whined. "I wanna drink!"

"Do they have any hot drinks...?" Hinako asked, glancing around.

"Hey, miss Sara, could you show me that manual?" Shin asked.

"S-sure." She reluctantly handed him the manual.

Shin quickly scanned through it while Kurumada rolled his eyes and scoffed. "Bingo..." Shin said. "Sure enough, it seems that device there is a large-scale charger. And with this manual handy, we should be able to use it."

"You... for real...?" Kurumada asked.

"Trust me, I'm no good at lying..." Shin chuckled. "Sorry to say, but it seems you'll be saved... Good for you."

I noticed a safe on the floor that had a place for a card. I used the ID card and saw a familiar face inside. Alice walked over to me and picked up the photo.

"Hm? What's this? A photo...?" His eyes widened as he studied it.

Sara came over and took a glance at the photo as well. "Um... isn't this..."

"Ah...?" Alice asked. "The woman in the photo... It's clearly... Reko...?! What is this?! When was this taken...?!"

"You don't remember it?" I asked.

"W... Well... No... I'm sure I don't... yet...!! I do remember the place in this photo... It's a cafe Reko would often visit with one of the band members..."

"Who could have taken this photo...?" Sara asked.

For a split second, I almost wondered if Sou had've taken his picture. I do remember him saying something about visiting this exact cafe one time...

Gin rushed over with the lantern that Sara had earlier. "Let's use this light to look around more, meow!"

As soon as Gin turned on the light, Alice shouted in pain. After a couple of seconds, he looked up with an exhausted look.

"You... have to be kidding..." he muttered.

"Alice...!!" Sara yelled. "What in the world is it?!"

"They're all in on it..." Alice said. "The police, the prosecutor... They're all... connected to Asunaro...!!"

I gaped at him when I understood what he was talking about. "You mean..!"

"W-What's this all of a sudden, meow?!" Gin asked.

"When that incident happened...!" Alice said. "He didn't even bleed...!! It was all twisted... to make me out as a murderer!! I'll can't... let this stand!! It wasn't just my own misfortune...!!"

Sou basically just set Alice up. That was another thing to add to my list of "reasons why I had to kill Sou."

Alice winced. "Gin... Sorry, could you turn off that lantern...? When I look into its light... my head hurts..."

"R-Right!" Gin turned off the lantern. "Is that okay, meow...?"

"I've regained a little composure..." Alice said.