Chapter one.

Not properly edited.

Penelope's POV

  I sat on the water closet with the test strip in my hand. Okay I just have to turn it around and check it. My heart was running marathon. I closed my eyes and slowly turned it. 'Penelope you just have to turn it over and check. For Christ sake you are 26 and there are mother who is same age as you' I made a silent prayer and urned it over opening my eyes.

Not all prayers got answered and here is the proof, I got Knocked up by a total stranger who I know absolutely nothing about. I stood up and walked out to my sitting room only yo meet my best friend Ana.

If not for her I wouldn't get knocked up. I threw the test strip at her and she caught it skillfully.

"What" she stood up staring at. Me in disbelief. "Jesus pen when did this happen" I sat now.

"Two minute ago" she closed her eyes. "When last did you had sex and who is the damn father" I closed my eyes.

"A nightstand  at the club last month" she stared at me. "How will you allow yourself to get knocked up by a total stranger" she almost yelled at me.

"You were the one that said I needed a break and get laid so how do you expect me to know a one nightstand" she smirked.

"This is crazy, what will we do about this" I looked at her.

"I don't have a work I literary live off you and moreover I am not in anyway ready to be a mother so I will abort the child" she stared at me and I nod.

"We should go to the hospital now please" I grabbed my purse. She smiled and she called the uber. I was happy that my friend did not judge me.

We made it to the nearest hospital in no time and we walked to the nurses. "I will like to see the doctor" she booked my appointment. "All the best" my friend smiled and I walked Into the hospital.

"Goodday Ms Okafor" I smiled at the doctor and sat down. "So how may I help you" I took in a deep breath.

"I want an abortion" I went straight to the point. "How many month?"

"Maybe six weeks" I answered and she hummed. "We need to carry out some test but sorry I don't advice abortion" I looked away not meeting her gaze.

"I already made up my my doctor" she stood up."we need a scan first" I frown my brow and laid on the bed before living my shirt up. She put the gel on my tummy before using the machine. "That is your baby so tiny" he point at it. "The heartbeat" I closed my eyes.

"Do you really think this will make me change my mind" I sat up. "Maybe it would" I smiled.

"I am not ready to be a mother so please doctor get this thing out of me" she h lummed.

"You should comeback tomorrow" I left her office and met my friend waiting for me. "How did it go" I closed my eyes.
"I am asked to come back tomorrow" she hummed in reply.

"Pen don't you think we should look for the father I mean he has the right to know" we were outside the hospital. "You weren't deaf When I told you I know nothing about my one nightstand and moreover it is a one nightstand. I need to buy recharge card" she nod her head and I walked away but something caught my attention. A billboard with a guy. "Ana" I shouted her name and she rushed to me. "Are you okay?" I pointed at the bill board.

"That is him" she gave me a weird look. "That is the father of my child. He was the one nightstand"

"What pen do you know who you ate talking about" I shook my head. "All I know is this is who knocked me up".