" hurry up!" shouts my best friend Avery from down the stairs

"I'm coming, I'm coming." I respond

" how do I look?" I ask walking down the stairs

"like you're going to be the hottest damn 21 year old in the club!" my big sister Nicole says before Avery can respond.

"then let's go." I say we walk to Nicole's black Benz and I open the front door sliding into the cream colored front seat, and look out of the window as my thoughts start racing. "i'm 21 today"  I just can't believe it. I'm pulled out of my thoughts by the neon flashing lights and deafeningly loud music I look up and see the sign the glitter club in white LED light letters. We get out of the car and walk in slowly. once we're inside we look for some seats and Avery goes to get us some drinks. 

"It looks like I was right "Nicole says we find a white couch to sit on and we wait for Avery to come back with the drinks.

"about what?" I ask

"that you're the hottest person in this club." she responds and we both laugh. A few minutes later she comes back with 3 martinis and sits down to join us, she raises her glass and we do the same.

"to 21!" she shouts

"to 21!" me and Nicole repeat we laugh as we finish our drinks and go to the dance floor and we dance for a while and I don't see the man walking over to us but Nicole taps my shoulder and says " we'll be by the couch if you need us." then she winks and walks away with Avery, I have no idea what she meant until the man is standing right in front of me. 

"Hey, my name's James" he starts

"I'm Madeline." I respond making a mental note to kill my sister later 

"Well Maddie, can I call you that?" I nod as he continues " I couldn't help but notice you, and I was wondering, could I buy you a drink?" 

"sure." I respond we spend the night laughing, and dancing we also did a lot of drinking

Nicole walks up to me with Avery and tells me that she is taking Avery home, she gives me 20 bucks for a cab then leaves. Me and James spend the entire night talking, we talk about everything and the whole night I'm thinking "I've never met anybody like him."  Interrupting my thoughts I get a weird feeling in my stomach I start running to the bathroom knowing what is about to happen I find the single stall bathroom unlocked and kneel down just in time because right then I start throwing up. then, the last thing I would have expected to happen happens next, James opens the door slightly and asks to come in. when I nod, he silently sits on the floor behind me holding my hair back out of my face.