Chapter 4

A seemingly never ending shiver went through my whole body. I could feel myself...changing.

"Erm guys?" When I opened my eyes I gasped. Clara and Tanner where standing before me but it wasn't them, at least it didn't look like them. Claras red hair was now blonde and she was taller and Tanner had dark hair and his skin was pasty white instead of the sun kissed golden colour I've always known him to have.

"Woah" Tanner looked two the both of us wide eyed.

"What do I look like?" I asked looking down at myself I noticed I had wavy black hair.

"You still look hot" Tanner said causing me to roll my eyes. "Shall we?" He stepped to one side and gestured to the building.

We laughed as we made our way past the security barriers and into the already booming party. Fae of light and dark mingled with one another. You wouldn't think the light and dark fae have been hating each other for thousands of years by the way these fae so intimately partied together. If only the fae outside these parties could get along so well. The base of the music sent vibrations through my body. The first sip of alcohol sent a thrill through my body that made me loosen up. Memories of the good times with my friends came flooding back. I could have this one night to forget who I am and everything that's happened. To have fun.

The drinks were flowing, the music drowned out conversations. Clara and Tanner dragged me to the dance floor. We laughed as we spun each other around the designated dance floor area. Tanner's attention was soon caught by a pretty brunette, he gave us a wink before they both disappeared into the crowd.

"Hey!" I heard over my shoulder and spun to see Nash with an awkward smile on his face.

"Hi." I said brushing my hair from my face.

"Aurora. I'm so sorry. For everything. He...the prince...he threatened my family."

I signed, I don't know if it was the alcohol coursing through me but I was in a particularly forgiving mood.

"Get in here you idiot." I grabbed his arm and pulled him in our dance circle. The relief on his face showed me how sincere he was.

"Aurora. There's something you should know. He's here." Nash whispered.

My heart sank to my stomach. "Where?" I asked.

"In a room upstairs. Playing poker with some high fae." He said.

A wave of fury washed over me. The thought of him sitting around playing poker enjoying himself didn't sit right with me. Not after everything he's done.

I spun around and started to make my way out of the crowd. Nash grabbed my arm

"Aurora. Don't."

"Stay here. I'll be back I promise." I said before storming off to find him.

I grabbed a tray of drinks from a waitress heading that way and honed my hearing until I heard the sound of narcissistic males. I knocked on the door and entered. There he was, Azra sat so casually with a hand of cards and Spike sitting next to him.

"Finally some drinks. What took you so long." A voice snapped me out of my violent thoughts. I began making my way around the table putting a drink in front of each of the men. I hesitated when I reached Azra. His scent, his dark power was overwhelming. None of the men at the table seemed at all concerned by the raw power radiating off him. I hoped they couldn't sense my power either. I leaned in and quickly placed a glass in front of Azra aware those piercing ice blue eyes where following my every move. What the hell was I thinking coming in here. I turned to leave.

"Since when do staff look like that." One male said. I smiled and stepped towards the door but the guy opposite Azra grabbed my wrist. If I wasn't undercover right now I'd smash this tray over his head and make him eat the table. If I was going to get out of this situation I had to play along.