Chapter 1

Chapter 1

I look up to the big breathtaking black sky, looking at those alluring glowing stars. I stay there for a good while, the only sounds I hear are the waves hitting shore and suddenly... I feel free.

I close my eyes for sometime, which feels like an eternity. I usually do this; please don't think that I'm abnormal.

Early every morning I get up and come to the beach and just think, think about life. I have so many questions that probably would never get answered. It's okay though.

I'm fine.. so I think.

It's barely 5am and I'm still lying on the sand. This is usually the only time I can think and cry.

Cry you ask? Yup, my sister is the one I cry for. She has cancer, leukemia to be exact. I don't know why or how, I just know that she was a chosen one. It's really tough, looking at her, looking so delicate yet strong. She can't do much. Her smile though, her smile is the only thing that keeps me from falling apart. I am strong around her, always. I don't want her to see me weak because I don't want her to feel like she did this to me because she didn't.

I get told constantly by my sister that if she never got cancer then I wouldn't be so worn out.

She started telling me that when she woke up one day real early and found me at the beach, crying and looking up at the sky talking to whoever wanted to listen, asking for a miracle. That day was the hardest day for me besides the day they told my dad and I that my sister had cancer. I made myself a promise to never be sad around my sister; I never want her to feel guilty for making me sad which was something normal.

I wiped the tear from my cheek.

I suddenly realized that I wasn't lying in the sand anymore. I had stood up and I was watching the ocean as it glistens while the moon, so bright shined. I let out a big sigh and headed back to my house. While I was walking towards my house which wasn't very far at all, I heard a strange noise.

My body suddenly felt cold..

I turned to where the sound came from and I saw nothing. It could have been the wind moving an object or something, yet I still felt scared. Maybe coming to the beach this late was a bad idea.

I was now speed walking to my house, hoping that I would not hear that same sound again.

I get home faster than ever; I shivered, as I close the door so rapidly that it was surprising that I didn't make such a colossal noise. My heart was beating so fast and I was breathing fast as well.

I turn to look at what time it was and it was 6:47 am. Wow I just broke my record! I'm usually home by 7.

I ran my hand through my hair and noticed it was wet. I'm sweating. I really need to work out, I barely ran and I'm sweating.

I head over to the kitchen not turning on the light and filled myself a glass of water. I love water; it's all I ever drink. I finished drinking the water and placed the cup in the sink. Nope I'm not washing that, I hate washing dishes. I'll do any other chore besides that, pathetic huh?

I slowly walk past Melody's room, my angelic sister.

I stand there just looking at her for a moment. Being only 11 she was a strong girl, so strong that it is impossible to believe. She knew what she had and she knew that there was a possibility of her dying. My sister is the reason why I want to become a pediatric oncologist, a doctor that specializes in cancer amongst children. I will always acknowledge her for that, always and forever. I turn, looking down at the brown wooden floor and I smile.

My sister is my angel.

** Authors note: **

Hey everyone, well this is my first chapter. I hope you find it interesting. Not much happened, that will be later ;) haha, well if you are reading thank you, and unil next time :)