Chapter 1- Flashbacks and Friends

Flashback: 

Everyone was working on a test with a partner, except for me, alone. There was a knock on the classroom door,the teacher opened it and greeted a mother and her son. The teacher spoke with the mother for a few minutes, then she left. The boy just stood there, observing the class. The teacher began talking to him and handed him a paper, he stood there for a minute and began walking my direction.

"Hello, will you help me with dis test?" he asked in his interesting Italian accent. 

"Sure,what's your name?" I asked. 

"Tommaso, what is your's, new friend?" 

"Liz." 

"Ah, my first american companion!" 

"Well, more like Mexican but ok!" we laughed. 

End of flashback..... 

"Remember that Tommaso?" I asked him. 

"Yeah, the middle of first grade when I moved from Italy, when we first met", he said in his adorable Italian accent. I laughed. 

"What?" he asked. 

"You know what the good thing about having you as my bestfriend is?" 

"No, what?" 

"Your awesome accent." 

"That's it?!" 

"And your funniness." 

"Keep it coming." 

"Awesome singer and screamer." 

"Of course!" 

"And you keep me from being lonely.." we both looked at eachother. 

"I'll always be there for you, like you were for me," he smiled. 

He would always get made fun of for his accent and how when he spoke English the words came out funny, so I would tell off the bullies and they would stop. I would always get made fun of just for hanging around him,but I didn't care and I think that's what made us really close. 

I always really liked him, but ever since I turned 16 and he was 18,I started to badly want more than friendship. Now I'm 19 and he's 21,I don't think I'll be able to control myself any longer. The only person that knew about how I felt towards him was Piero. 

What if he doesn't feel the same....one wrong move and everything could just.....end........ No more cute accent best friend Tommaso...... 

As we lied there on the green grass I reached over and started tangling my fingers in his jet black hair. He looked over at me and started chuckling. When he turned his head to look at me my hand was then holding his head and our eyes met. It felt like everything froze, and all I wanted to do was stare at his chocolate brown eyes forever. His pale face started to come closer to mine as I closed my eyes, for I knew what was to come. I could feel his breath on my lips, when we both jumped up at the sound of Piero's voice. 

"Liz! Tommaso! Dove siete?! (Liz! Tommaso! Where are you guys?!)",Piero appeared from behind a tree with drum sticks at hand, Marco's drum sticks. 

"We're over here!" I answered. My heart was racing at the thought of what just happened, at the thought of him also having the same feelings for me.

"Here, hold these!" he tossed them over at me, then began running as Marco appeared out of nowhere. 

" è meglio iniziare in esecuzione, è piccola cagna! (Yeah you better start running you little bitch!)" Marco continued chasing after Piero. Marco didn't even notice his drum sticks were right there on my lap. Tommaso and I watched them run around like idiots and laughed. Acting like we didn't almost kiss, we began walking to our house. Yeah, our house, including Tommaso, Piero, Marco, and myself. This was our house in America, since I was always there traveling with them around Italy. Tommaso and I met Piero and Marco during middle school, they came as foreign exchange students  

Flashback: 

"These are our foreign exchange students from Italy,may you please sit in the back with Liz and Tommaso?" Mrs.Froven nicely pointed to the back. They began walking towards the back with their heads hanging down, obviously not so happy about being the new kids not knowing much English. I knew just what would cheer them up,speaking Italian to them.

"Siediti qui! (Sit over here!)" I said,pointing to the two empty desks inbetween Tommaso and I. They looked up, their eyes grew wide, and smirks formed on their faces as they took their seats. 

"Sai Italiano? (You know Italian?)" Piero asked,taking the seat next to me. 

"Oh, um....." Ok so I didn't exactly know a lot of italian since Tommaso barely started teaching me. 

"Lei non sa molto di essa, sto insegnando. Sono Tomasso, lei è Liz. (She doesn't know much of it, I'm teaching her. I'm Tommaso,she's Liz.)" Tommaso spoke for me. Piero and Marco smiled wider, enjoying our company. 

"Well, I'm Piero", Piero said in English.

"And I'm Marco", Marco followed. We all smiled at eachother as Mrs.Froven began teaching.

We all became a group of best friends, teaching me more italian, me teaching them a little more english, jamming to the same music,and liking the same things.  

End of flashback.....

Tommaso and I arrived home, I placed the drum sticks on the coffee table. We got ready for sleep and met in the hallway to say our goodnights. 

"Buonanotte, tesoro..... (Goodnight,sweetheart.....)" Tommaso said as he grabbed my face and kissed my forehead. 

"Tesoro? Che succede con il nuovo soprannome? (Sweetheart? What's up with the new nickname?)" I giggled,and blushed a little. 

"Volevo solo provare qualcosa di nuovo (Just wanted to try something new)", he smirked. 

"Beh, allora, buonanotte amore mio angelo per sempre (Well,then, goodnight my forever loving angel)", I walked closer towards him, stood on my tippy toes, and planted a kiss on his cheek. He blushed and looked down while shuffling towards his room..... 

Woah, woah, woah, was that blushing I saw?!

I walked to my room, smiling, and jumped into bed.