Kiribaku!!!!

~Kirishima POV~

Quirk, Explosion. The sweat from his hands works like nitroglycerine, allowing him to make explosions from his palms. When we took the entrance exam, I couldn't help but stare at him as he walked by. He just looked so cool. I wasn't surprised when he came in first place.

Wow, I'd thought. 71 destruction points? Incredible! Suddenly a thought enters my brain. This boy was another reason for me to pray I'd get into UA. Why? He'd clearly be good competition, but there was something else, too. What was it though?

For weeks, I tried to convince myself I'd get in the hero course, that I'd done well enough in the exam and everything would work out. Finally, the letter of approval came. I was in class 1A, (the hero course!) and my classmates were... I scanned the list for his name, which I'd been informed in the exam rankings was Katsuki Bakugo. There he was. I'd never been so excited in my life, but at the same time, I'd never been so worried. What if I tried to make friends with him but he didn't like me? What if he was a huge jerk? Or a suck-up? Or maybe he just wanted to be a hero for the money? I tried to push those thoughts away. One stuck. "What if he was a huge jerk?" He looked angry. He looked mean.

It's fine, I reassure myself. I can be his friend - maybe I can even help him with his anger. My breath is shaky as I exhale. I'm not good at this whole friend-making thing, am I?

A month passes, and I've turned into a whole different person. My black, neck-length hair is now dyed red and spiked. I've improved my Quirk and gotten much stronger. The first day of school rolls around, and I'm up at 3:30, finding it impossible to sleep. How could I? My dream just came true - I got into the school that the number one hero went to, and my idol, Crimson Riot. But there was even more. I got to see him.

I walked to the bathroom, brushed and spiked my hair, then wrapped a bandana around my head so it didn't fall. With practice, this only took about two minutes. I took concealer (that I may or may not have stolen from my mom) out of the closet, then paused and put it back in. I didn't have to cover the stupid scar as long as no one knew how I got it. I took out my eyeliner instead.

I put a bit in the corners of my eyes and deliberately smudged it. I was about to put some under my eyes, and then stopped. Who was trying to impress?

Bakugo, The little voice in my head answered. NO. My consciousness snapped back, and it very well might've been out loud. There was no way I was trying to impress a guy I didn't even know, was there? I mean, they do say the little voice in your head is always right...

No. There was no way. I just wanted to make friends with a guy at school. I wasn't, like, obsessed with him or anything. I just think he's cool. Is that all I think of him, though? I asked myself. Yes. It was like I was arguing with my own brain.

"This is so dumb," I muttered to myself, continuing to put on the eyeliner. After I was done in the bathroom, I put on my uniform and walked downstairs for breakfast at five in the morning. There is no way this is healthy.

I grab a bagel and eat it plain. I didn't feel like waiting for it to toast or putting anything on it. I sat in my dark kitchen, thinking. What should I say to him? Do I just say, "Hey, my name's Kirishima wanna be friends"? No... that's too sudden. I have to get to know him first...

I sat at the counter for almost an hour, and suddenly it was six o'clock. I stood up and wandered back to my room. I had half an hour before I had to walk to school. Ah, the privileges of not being able to drive.

I sit down on my bed and scroll on my phone, but that gets old fast. Usually, I could sit around doing nothing for hours, but all I can think about is that boy. I sigh. Why won't he get off my mind?? I check the clock. Five minutes until I leave. I triple-check that I have everything packed, look in the mirror at least a dozen times, and finally, it's time to go.