𝗘𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗧

"To be a star, you must burn"
-Unknown-

"He's gone" Derek reassures as he rubs Maya's shoulder comfortingly before noticing the tears that still wet her cheeks

"He's gone" Derek reassures as he rubs Maya's shoulder comfortingly before noticing the tears that still wet her cheeks. Hotch then walks over, just finishing a phone call. "Maya, the director called" Hotch says and the entire team looks to Hotch with curiosity.

"They want to put you in witness protection..." Hotch informs and Maya's heart sank, again.

_____

"So, let's talk about sexual harassment" The women begins as she begins her lecture to the employees of the BAU. Maya crosses her arms over her chest as she listens in on the lesson. "Sexual harassment can be many things like, a conversation between two coworkers that makes you feel uncomfortable" The women begins, and Maya knits her eyebrows in confusion as the women continues her speech.

"Maybe these co-workers use phrases like... baby girl" The women says as she looks around the room, at Garcia and Derek specifically. Maya covers her mouth as she looks between the two who seem shocked that the name Derek calls Garcia is being talked about. "Chocolate Thunder" The women adds and Maya widens her eyes as Garcia locks eyes with her, embarrassed.

"Or maybe these two coworkers have a forbidden relationship that is just highly inappropriate" The women says as she looks over to Maya making Maya drop her hands to her side and look to the women who now refuses to look back at her. "Excuse me?" Maya voices, "Don't cause a scene" Derek mumbles quietly, wanting Maya to calm down and not say something that'll get her in trouble.

"The only thing that should be forbidden is that disgusting skirt you decided to put on this morning" Maya voices and hears snickers of laughter and ouu's around the room. "Agent Regan that is not appropriate" The women states and Maya scoffs, "Neither are those shoulder pads" Maya points out as she takes a step forward, but Derek quickly places his arm in front of her, so she doesn't go any further.

Hotch then pulls Garcia out of the meeting to go and visit the attorney general. "Come on, let's take a walk" Derek urges before he starts to take Maya to his office and shuts the door behind them when they enter.

"What did the board say?" Derek asks as Maya stressfully sighs and takes a seat in one of the chairs.

"I don't know, I've been avoiding them. I don't answer the calls or emails" Maya states before Derek takes a seat across from her and rests his hand on her knee. "You're gonna have to talk to them at one point" Derek advises and Maya shakes her head slowly, "I can't, Derek- I don't want to leave" Maya confesses, her voice starting to crack.

"No one wants you to leave. I really don't want you to leave" Derek admits as him and Maya lock eyes.

"Nothing has made me more upset than imagining myself never being able to see you again" Derek admits and Maya smiles slightly as tears start to fill up in her eyes. Maya leans closer to Derek and places a kiss on his cheek before she pulls away, her arm sliding down his bicep as she does so. She stands to her feet and exits the office sniffling in her tears.