𝒾𝓋. 𝓉𝓌𝑒𝓃𝓉𝓎-𝑜𝓃𝑒: quite a pair

ᴺᴼᵂ ᴾᴸᴬᵞᴵᴺᴳ : parasite eve - bring me the horizon

⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

iv. twenty-one: ❝quite a pair❞

✵✵✵

Small heath, Birmingham

Marianna had left her window cracked open the night before, and the chill that crept in woke her early the next morning. As she prepared for the day ahead, Thomas's so-called plan kept turning over in her mind. She mulled over every possible outcome, her thoughts a whirlwind of doubt and anticipation.

Dressed and ready, Marianna descended the stairs, only to hear the unmistakable gravelly voice of Thomas Shelby drifting from the sitting room where he was talking to her aunt.

Reaching the bottom step, she called out, "Tommy?"

There he was, perched on the sofa with a cuppa in hand. The sight of him sipping tea, like he belonged there, nearly made her chuckle.

"Good morning, love," Tia greeted her with a warm smile. "Tom here tells me you've got some business to see to today."

Marianna gave a small shrug, her gaze locking onto Thomas. "Thought you said you'd meet me in front of the betting shop."

Thomas lowered the cup from his lips, placing it carefully on the table.

"I reckoned I'd check on Tia first this morning." He replied, his eyes meeting hers with that familiar intensity.

Marianna's eyes narrowed slightly as she looked down. "So you're not here to fetch me, then?"

Thomas arched an eyebrow, his blue eyes gleaming with a knowing look, offering no verbal answer.

A small, secretive smile tugged at Marianna's lips. She found the idea endearing, though she wouldn't dare admit it out loud.

Thomas leaned back, his eyes fixed on Marianna with an intensity that spoke of their deep, unspoken bond. As she stood there, her expression a mix of amusement and annoyance, the air between them seemed to crackle with a familiar electricity—a silent language they'd perfected over years of shared trials and triumphs.

Marianna settled into the chair beside Tia and Thomas, who watched her with a gaze that was both affectionate and lingering. He recalled his younger days, visiting the James household, trying to charm his way into Marianna's heart and her family's good graces.

Tia, observing the interplay between them, could almost see the tension in the room, the kind that could only be released through a dramatic declaration of love and a passionate kiss. With a knowing smile, she rose from her seat.

"I'll leave you two to it," Tia said, giving Marianna's arm a gentle, reassuring squeeze. "Don't be keeping her out too late, Tom."