Richard&Dick

-

Working the bar of an underground strip club is a tasking job, Richard finds, but he relishes in the letters he gets every Monday.

Monday, letters that start with "Dearest Richard," and end with "Love, Dick".

Letters that Richard stores in the pillowcase of his bed in the employees dorm.

This one is no different from the last.

-

Dear Richard,

I am writing to you again under the covers of my bed when I should, really, be taking rest, But I find the best way to tire myself out for the night is thinking of all the things to write to you about.

There is an uncomfortable itch the longer I go without writing to you.

I wish to see you again.

I know your shifts at the underground strip club bar back home in Party Hardy leads to a very busy schedule. I myself can barely spare the time of day at my real estate job for something as trivial as grabbing a cup of coffee.

But I will always find time to think of you.

You keep a very, very, VERY dear place in my heart, Richard.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Love, Dick

-

Richard folds the letter up with a deep sigh.

The distance which separates him from Dick is a painful and strenuous one. Sometimes when he can breathe fresh air, allotted time to exit the cold walls of the underground strip club, he can see the faint buildings of Seaport Village.

He can only imagine what it is Dick is up to.

Maybe he is lounging at the beach amongst the sea turtles, playing in the sand. Maybe he is at his bed under the covers writing another letter.

Richard longs for the day he can see Dick again--see him since they said goodbye at the dock of Port Party Hardy, where Dick was leaving for his new job.

But for now, all he can do is wait, work, serve more drinks, sleep, and write.

-

500 blocks away, Richard stuffs the folded letter into his pillowcase before leaving his bed and returning to the bar at which he works.

Someday, just someday, Richard will have saved up enough money to pack up his things and buy a big, happy house on the beach.

Where he can find Dick and somehow give him a reason to leave with him, to live a full life with him.

-

Originally written by: dummythiccbrush