Chapter 52: The Heroes' Resolve!

Class 1-A all sit in the waiting lounge of the hospital, silence and worry fill the atmosphere as they wait by the operating room, waiting for the surgery to be finished.  Ochako looks down at her hands as she tries to hold back her tears.  Eijiro grits his teeth in frustration as he tries to contain the anger he feels within himself.  

Momo tries to comfort the rest of the class by offering them tea she had created, but to no avail.  Tenya sits in silence, his glasses on the table next to him as he covers his eyes, looking down at the floor.  Tsuyu sat next to Ochako, trying to comfort her but reveling in her own anxiety as well.  Even Minoru and the rest of the boys try to comfort each other as Katsuki looks out the window, barely even moving as he stared at the sunset silently.  

-2 HOURS EARLIER-

Ochako opens her eyes and finds herself in a hospital room, she looks around her to see her class also in hospital beds, most of them were already awake and talking to each other.  Kyoka takes notice of Ochako sitting up.

"She's awake!"  Kyoka announced to the rest of the class.

Momo and the rest of the girls all leap up from their beds and make their way towards Ochako.

"Ochako-chan!"  Tsuyu exclaimed.

"Where are we...?"  Ochako asked the rest of the girls.

"We're in the hospital, looks like we were knocked unconscious by Midnight's gas..."  Momo explained.

"The hospital...?"  Ochako replied as she began to remember what happened.  

"Aizawa-Sensei, Thirteen and Deku-kun!"  Ochako blurted.  "W-where are they!?"

The rest of the girls jump slightly as the sudden shout from Ochako.

"Aizawa-Sensei has comminuted fractures in both arms and a facial fracture.  The doctors say there doesn't seem to be any serious brain damage.  However, his orbital floor has been broken into small pieces..."  Momo explained.  "As for Thirteen...  The laceration from the back to her upper arm was bad, but she'll survive..."

"Recovery Girl's healing quirk was enough to get them stable for the time being."  Kyoka added.  "So they'll be fine for the most part."

"And Deku-kun, what happened to Deku-kun!?"  Ochako asked frantically.

The girls all then look at each other, unsure about how to answer Ochako's question.

"Midoriya-chan's..."  Tsuyu replied hesitantly.

"...Recovery Girl's quirk wasn't enough...  Midoriya-kun was just too exhausted for her to use her quirk properly..."  Toru replied.

"His body sustained too much damage...  They rushed him via helicopter and into the ER..."  Mina explained.  "He's currently undergoing surgery, but it's been about 3 hours now..."

"4 cracked ribs, a punctured lung, multiple fractures on his hands and internal bleeding points, severe head trauma, as well as a left broken arm and fractured skull..."  Momo added.  "The doctor said his chances of survival are less than 30 percent..."

Ochako yanks the IV drip from her arm and pushes past everyone as she bursts out of her room.

"Uraraka-san, wait!"  Momo yelled as she chased after her.

The rest of the girls soon followed Momo as they all chased Ochako running down the hall.  Ochako frantically turns around corners randomly before she finds the rest of the boys waiting in a lounge.  Tenya looks up to see a panting Ochaco.

"Uraraka-san..."  Tenya muttered.

Ochako looks over to the operating room, the light above the door read "Surgery In Progress" was still brightly lit red.  She tries to rush into the room only to be stopped by Tenya.