Chapter 1. Personal Basketball Trainer

Aaliyah's POV.

I stayed in the gym after school today to practice on basketball, I'm on the lowest team for my school. I never was good at basketball, I just really liked the sport a lot! I dribbled the ball a little and threw the ball straight behind the hoop. "UGH!" I said in frustration, I sat down on the bleachers with the ball between my feet. I heard the door shut as in someone just walked in the gym. Tall, lightskin, green eyed boy. Every girl had a crush on him.. I don't know his name or anything, all I know is that he is a ladies man. "Hey" his deep voice said "Hey, sorry I'll get out of your way" I said picking up my bag and basketball almost heading for the door. He stopped me. "No,no stay." I put my bag down and dribbled the ball again. "So what're you doing here on a Friday?" he asked "I need to practice on basketball, I'm not exactly the best on my team.." I said sadly. He gently grabbed the ball from me, "I can be your personal trainer if you want." he smiled at me. I smiled back. "Okay". He wrapped his arms around me helping me shoot the ball, I shot the ball and it made it . "Oh my gosh thank you " I say "I'm Kalin" he said "I'm Aaliyah " We both smiled at each other. - We worked on basketball for another hour and you can definitely see improvement. *ding* I heard from my phone, I read a text message from my friend Betsy.

I'll reply later, I shut my phone off and sat down on the bleachers. "It's getting pretty dark, I should get home." I said. I grabbed my stuff and was heading for the door. "Woah woah, is your parents picking you up?" He asked, I shook my head. "I walk home." "I'll drive you." he insisted. "No no, it's fine I don't want to be-" he cut me off, "C'mon.." Kalin is a senior, I'm a sophomore. So I was currently learning how to drive. No one taught me how to though. I hopped in Kalin's super nice car. It smelt like strong cologne in his car. - "Make a left here." I directed him to my house. "It's the house to the right" he turned into the driveway. "Thanks for the ride and teaching me" I smiled "Yeah, we can practice more tomorrow if you want" he said "Okay" I said still smiling, I opened the notch to the door. Kalin grabbed my wrist. I looked at him. "Can I have your number?" he asked. I nodded and put my name in his contact list. I handed him his phone and walked inside my house. I crept upstairs in my room, my family were early sleepers. I set my bags down and did my nightly routine. I jumped in bed turning the tv on to my favorite show, The Fosters. *ding* 2 messages from Betsy and a unknown number which was probably Kalin. I read both of them.

From: Betsy

Hey Aaliyah :)) Ima sleepover alright?

I quickly responded saying yes and to climb through the window.

Okay, next message.

From: (***)-***-****

Hey =-) it's Kalin.

I replied,

Hey! We can go to the park tomorrow and practice!

he replied,

Okay! I can pick you up at 12, is it okay if I bring my friend Myles?

Of course I couldn't say no. I heard rock pebbles being thrown at my window. I slid open my window and helped Betsy inside.