Danger Begins

Mrs. Whitman sat silently, thinking of the cost of braces, when her thoughts were abruptly severed from her mind. "Sadie? Is  Sadie Whitman here?" Mrs.Whitman looked from the middle-aged, brunette nurse to her daughter,  who happend to be two things, Sadie Whitman and not paying attention. "Sadie Whitman?" the nurse called, much more indifferently this time.
Sadie snapped out of her trance and stood up, along with Mrs. Whitman,  who was promptly seated again. "Mom, I'm fine. You can stay here." Sadie followed the nurse back to room number seven, where she always had her appointments. She lowered herself down to the chair. " What color will it be, Sadie?" She didn't even need to ponder on this. "White" she said, rather curtly.  She was missing 7th period for this. 7th period is world geography and Sadie loves it. The nurse left, likely getting the white rubber bands Sadie requested.

The lights flickered twice. 
That's never happened before Sadie thought

They did it again. The moments when the lights were off were getting longer. The room seemed to get colder.

She heard glass shattering, followed by a horrible, gut wrenching pattern of gasps and grunting.

WHAT IS HAPPENI-

Sadie can't belive what she hears next.  Her mind tries to rationalize the noises, words,  and screams.

I-ITS A ZOMBIE!
No, it is not. She took a few deep breaths. It is kind of close to Halloween, it must be a practical jo-
This is the exact moment when Sadie realized she was not safe.
"SADIE! RUN!"

Who was that?
" SADIE! RUN!"
Sadie realised she was now standing.
Mom. MOM! "MOM!"
"HONEY, I NEED YOU TO RUN! SADIE, PLEASE!"

She tried, but the floor was cement that had enveloped her feet and hardened.  After what seemed like 10 minutes, shock released her from its cold grip. She acted on her impulses, adrenaline and fear fueling her. Seizing the fire extinguisher, she bolted out of room number seven. Sprinting to the lobby, she didn't dare look to the left or right, not wanting to fall back into shock. Still clutching the fire extinguisher as if it were life itself,  she threw open the lobby door. Thank goodness. Sadie internally rejoiced at the sight of her mother. " Come on baby, we need to leave now"
Frozen with an overload of emotions and adrenaline, Sadie stared blankly ahead. "NOW!" Said Mrs.Whitman's urgent voice.
The door swung behind her, bringing in moans and grunts. "SADIE!" screamed Mrs.Whitman"MOVE OUT OF THE WAY!" Mrs.Whitman snatched the fire extinguisher,  running towards the source of the grunting. She curved the extinguisher upward and whacked the Walker squarely in the face. With a dull thud, it fell, leaving Sadie transfixed at the gruesome, gory scene. She gazed at the woman she knew, just minutes before, as her room number seven nurse

It is at this moment when Sadie realizes how much danger she is in.