Prolouge

Teja's chest felt heavy as she finally sat down on the green recliner beside the pool. she was too close to have a breakdown but she didn't want that to happen, not when she realised what her closest person in the house thinks about her.

the shoot of WKV was finally over and it was quite late at night. she didn't had her dinner yet neither she had changed. she was too broken to think anything straight right now. she felt heartbroken. she hated herself for letting karan cross the wall she had created for everyone. she hated herself thinking about how she let those walls break for just him to enter and leave her in misery.
she only knew how she continued the WKV shoot after she heard that, karan had give the avoid tag to shamita just because 'teja looked sad'. the thought itself made her insides burn. she bit her lips to stop the brimming tears in her eyes.

"are you upset, angry, disappointed??" her trance was broken when she heard his calm voice as he came and sat on the opposite recliner.

"nothing karan, please". came her feeble reply. she tried her best to not let her cracked voice out, but who was she kidding.

her indifferent voice made his heart clench. he knew he had hurt her but he had his reasons.

"teja can you please look at me once and tell if there is anything bothering you!? question me please". he asked her slowly.

she looked at him nonchalantly. her eyes showed the hidden hurt. the tears in her eyes were threatening to fall out.

"karan it's nothing. please just let me be for sometime." she said slowly.

"count me selfish but i'm not leaving you right now. whatever doubts, or perceptions you have, please clear those out. please question me teja. you know you have the right". he said that with restlessness clear in his voice.

"i thought that too, but i was wrong karan, i was wrong." she chuckled with hurt evident in her voice.

he closed his eyes. things were too bad.

"teja you didn't heard the entire conversation. please let me explain." he said calmly.

"what's left to explain karan?  anyways, go ahead i'm listening." she said slowly.

"teja i didn't give you the avoid tag to shamita just because you were hurt" he almost whispered.

"but you gave this reason to shamita, behind my back." she chuckled sarcastically.

"i didn't give the avoid tag to shamita just because you were hurt, i gave it to her because i wanted to. there are few things i don't want you to know because i feel those things will embarrass you. why don't you understand that i care!? why is it so difficult to understand that teja!? you were not there to hear the whole conversation. you just cannot pick some words from the entire conversation and pounce on me for no reason, right?" he sighed in frustration.

the frustration in his voice irked teja to a different level. rather than explaining his so called 'ENTIRE CONVERSATION', here he was trying to sort of blame her for picking words from it. her thoughts were taking a toll on her decisions. her mind was now overpowering her heart, and she couldn't help.

"karan first of all, you didn't embarrass me, this shit embarrasses me. and when you say all of these things behind my back, it looks like i have a problem when you talk to shamita, and that's clearly not the case. and why would you even tell me your conversation? have you ever considered me that important in your life? everytime after you have any vulnerable moment, i get to know about that later when all the fuss is sorted out by her. and then you come to me saying that, 'me and shamita just had a conversation, and i was extremely vulnerable in front of her and so on.' dude idk shit, neither i want to, not like im your fucking girlfriend". she sighed in frustration and anger.

"teja you are taking things to a different tangent now, try to under-" he was cut off by her.

"karan, listen. all these weeks that i have spent with you were amazing. maybe the time when i was with you, i felt a sort of connection. i was even glad that you said you liked me, and so did i, and i even like you now will always. but our difference in opinions won't help us in your building relation. i'm not saying that you are playing a game with me, but with others too, your way of playing is different, and mine is different. our friendship in this house will stay the same and even outside. but talking about our newly forming thing, i was quite clear when i said that i will back off if i see red flags, and in our relation, there are clear red which we were ignoring till now, but let's just face it. if the feelings are genuine, we can figure this outside too. but for here, let's just be cordial. but also remember, that i'm always here and i will always be your cheerleader, maybe not the loudest, but i'll be". she said with a calm voice, ignoring the void inside.

karan was beyond shocked, he didn't expected this. at least not from her. tears were threatening to fall from his eyes. he bit his cheeks to stop the tears.

"okay". he whispered.
only these words came out of his mouth. making teja uncomfortable was the last thing he wanted, and this is what she wants, he wont deny to her decision.

she smiled sadly.

"it was lovely knowing you karan". she gave him a small side hug and went inside the house.

"it was over, before even starting" karan thought.

maybe, just maybe, kundrii and teja were better off each other.

*****
okay so hi, idk after how many months i'm back after i promised, but yes here is the story. if anyone is confused, this is the scene from the khairat fight.
also, cannot promise an update soon until i see some beautiful reviews down there in the comments. and dont forget to hit the start in the corner. 🤍

precap: tejran meeting after bigg boss.

Also, thank you so much, Bhoomi_kuku11 for this beautiful cover. love you.💓💓