When I first saw you

POV: Janet
The year was 2004. Nights like these are truly superior. The breeze was flowing at a perfect pace that allowed the ocean waters to ripple softly. I stepped onto the balcony of my LA property to take a moment from reality. My release party for my album "Damita Jo" had already began. I initially told my team I didn't want a big party for my album releasing but my best friend, Gil Duldulao, insisted that I go all out. He was sure that a party was exactly what I needed to get over my break up with... well we won't mention his name. Honestly, I've never been one for big parties but at this point I'll do anything to get my mind off.. nope, still not mentioning his name.

My moment of peace was quickly ended when my best friend decided to bombard me on the porch.

"Girrllllll!!! I know yo ass is not staring into space when there's a whole party going on inside!"

"Gil, I know what's going on inside, I just needed some fresh air. Plus I never wanted to have this party, your master plan isn't working."

"Yeah cause you won't let it!! What you need to do is go back in there, take some shots, shake some ass or something!"

I looked at him confused, but in the end all I could do was laugh.
"Seeee, a smile!! Thank God! I was starting to think my humor was wearing off on you."

"You and I both know that will never happen."

"Exactly so let's go git lit!!"

He grabbed my hand and dragged me back in. The loud music and smell of Champagne hit me instantly, causing me to snap back to reality. I floated across the room heading straight for the bar.

"My usual please"

The bar tender slid me my drink. I turned my chair so my back was facing the bar. I observed the crowd pondering wether to get up or not. Then I saw Her!

She was beautiful! Smooth caramel skin, brown eyes, and dark hair pulled back with a white clamp. She was a waitress for the event, she was in full uniform yet she still stuck out. She walked passed and her sent hypnotized me. I knew I had to get her. She moved so fast I didn't get a chance to look at her name tag. I saw her hand her tray to one of the other waiters and she headed for the bathroom. I threw back the rest of my drink and followed her to the bathroom..