Chapter 1: Love for Tankery

Introduction: Hello... now the first thing I would like to say is I am completely new to writing fanfics, and I have found great joy writing this story since late October 2021. Before I begin I would like to tell you a bit about me, I am a passionate lover of World War II Era history, and tanks is by far my favourite subject area. It wasn't until one day I found out about the anime/manga series Girls Und Panzer. At first I found the idea of Highschool girls driving tanks to be a bit funny, but after rewatching the anime multiple times that includes all 12 episodes along with Der Film and currently all 3 parts of Das Finale, the franchise has become one of my absolute favourites. You could technically say I inserted a piece of myself in this story. But before you start to read I will note a few disclaimers in case anyone gets offended.

(Disclaimer 1) I have only watched the anime, I have read a few chapters of PHASE ERIKA and while I may reference bits and pieces I've heard about, (Or read off the wiki) but as far as I'm concerned, this story takes place after "Der Film." I tried sticking as close to the real universe and it's timeline as I can.

(Disclaimer 2) this story is rated 17+ as there are quite a few suggestive scenes throughout the fanfic especially one that I dreaded writing about. Blood and gore is extremely rare however it is present. (I'm writing this now because I know someone will get offended)

Now if you're still with me then thank you. Now enough talk as I present to you:

Girls Und Panzer: Foreign Love.
Chapter 1: Love for Tankery

You're at work as a bartender at your local bar in a small but comfortable little town of Yoriochi, located in the Akita prefecture. It was a busy afternoon in the first week of December and the weekend has just started, more people are coming in every hour, and although the bar was packed the atmosphere was somewhat relaxed, you began to daydream about the latest project you have been working on at home for the club you are part of in your spare time until you're interrupted and someone from one of the crowd shouts, "Hey could you turn on the TV!?" Without thinking you take the remote and turn on the TV without saying a word to the person, but you gave them a thumbs-up as a gesture of saying your're welcome. You got back to cleaning the beer glasses but you still looked back up every now and then to see the atmosphere inside the bar until the reporter on the news broadcast caught your attention.

"Ok now onto Tankery, we are very happy to announce that the 64th National Highschool Sensha-dō Tournament will begin in the summer of next year." Your eyes light up like searchlights, you quit what you were doing and you kept on listening. "We have been told that there will be many more competitors compared to this year who come from a wide range of backgrounds and will be unique in their ways, but it is still unclear who and how many will be participating." You quietly think to yourself, "is this a chance for something new?" But your thoughts are quickly interrupted again as a familiar voice calls out your name from behind the counter, "hey Ludwik." You turned your head and looked over your shoulder, it was your best friend Hansuke who you knew since you were young, he also was a member of the club you were in and helped you with a project in the past. "Hansuke how are you?" you asked before giving him a firm handshake. "I'm doing well," he answered cheerfully, "and yourself?" "Well... it could be better," you told him, "do you want to get a drink for a bit?" He nodded his head and you picked two glasses, "beer like always?" you asked. "You know me too well," he replied. You poured him and yourself a pint before heading off to the nearest table. It was good to see him again as you found him to be a great stress reliever and talkative individual about different topics as he was a smart guy from a higher middle-class family.