Chapter One: School Day

First POV

Max Vertiz sleeping on a warm calm morning the birds were chirping, the grass was dewy, and hearing the sweet sounds of the wind as it passed by his window. He hears clanging downstairs as he wakes up and yawns knowing today was his first day of school.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  W-what is that clanging noise Max said as he yawns. "Scarlett! is that you?!" Max said confused. "Yeah sorry Max- dropped something" Max gets up starts to get ready for school. "Hmm? what should I wear?" he said to himself. Grabs a white shirt, blue jeans, and black jean jacket with high top black converse. Does his light brown hair combed to the side. As Max is getting ready Scarlett is making breakfast for her older brother that takes years to fix his hair that she is already sitting at the table. the nice comfy seats gives her the patients she needs to wait. "Sorry Scarlett it wouldn't work with me" he said. "It's fine just don't take nine years again, by the way you like nice for school?" she said. "Thanks- I just put something on" he said personally. "didn't mean it like that- just finish your pancakes" They finish up as they finish Max grabs his bag and steps out the door he realizes something different. "Hey... Scarlett does it feel a little bit colder then it should?" Max said as he continues to look. "No? It's winter child- you would expect that right?" saying confused. They walk out of the door and head to school. "Don't you get nervous?" Max said slighty nervous. "yeah sometimes only when there are lots of people" Scarlett said. They walk up to the campus. As they walk up Max sees a glimpse of this girl and starts to stare hardcore "In his mind" "Mmm wow she is pretty" "Why are you staring at her" Scarlett said in confusion. Max's just fades off. "Max!" he realizes she is talking to him "Oh!? yeah? what?" he said. "why are you staring at her?" she said smirking. "um oh no reason- just like her backpack that's all" said looking away. "yeah-okay..." she said as they walk into the school. "Is that a security guard?" she said confused. "Mhm- they are supposed to check out ID so were supposed to go to registration" Max said. "how come you know all this stuff Max?" confused. "Are teachers last year said to be prepared for this stuff so you know I looked it up?" he said as they walk up to the counter. "Hi nice to meet you" the lady said at the counter nicely. "Hi" Max said nicely. "Hello!" Scarlett said. "So you two hear for registration?" "Mhm!" they both said. "Alright so here on the form sheets just check the boxes yes or no on it, then there will be some signature's on the bottom for you both. said enthusiastically. Alright/thank you! they said. As Scarlett and Max were finishing up on the form sheets he got a chance to look around. He thought to himself even for a registration center it's nice, with a chandelier over head the counter, white smooth stone as the flooring really caught his attention. They finish up the form hand it to her. "Alright so here are your ID's now carry those with you at all times okay?" she said informative. "yup-" they both said. They leave the building and head over to the actual school. Max looks at the clock. "oh! shoot we're gonna be late!" he said in a hurry running to the front entrance. "whoa- that is one big fountain" Max said in aw. "yeah- cool but you said we were gonna be late, so come on!" reminding him. They make it to the entrance with bunches of people waiting in line. They wait for a little bit. Ten-minutes later. "Finally!" Max said in relief. 

They finally get there ID checked and now they are in the school. "wow! it looks amazing right now" Max said as they move to the seating area. The teachers had arrived and some looked mean some looked nice as they move in to the area where all the kids where waiting and started calling out names. Charlie/Hanna/Rob all the teachers seeming to get this done in a hurry. And then finally "Max Vertiz and Scarlett Vertiz" one of the teachers said. "Oh! it's me" as Max walks up he sees the girl in the line that he saw outside, then out of the blue she looks at him and she waves cutely. "hi" Max says quietly. "hi!" she says back. Max's looks back where all of the kids are getting called and sees some other boys that seem to be looking at Scarlett. "Uh... Scarlett? look-" Max said. She looks over then blushes seeing the boys wave. "Your kidding right?" Max said disappointed. "Well that one is kind of cute-" She said pointing to the one in a suit and tie. "just when I thought I dressed to nice-" Max said. The teacher calls everyone she needs and all of the kids she had on her list and head down the hall of Criminal Justice where Max is going to start his first learning on it today. They make it into what seems to look like a mansion which really it is just a nice classroom. All of the kids find there seats with supplies and books paper and nice pens with there names on it. All seemed well as Max sat down getting comfy and there she was the girl that waved at him sharing a table with him and some other girls and boys. The second she sat Max introduced himself to her. "Hello I'm Max" saying properly. "Oh hi Max! nice to meet you I'm Maisie Emerson" shaking his hand. "Maisie that's a nice name" smiling. "Alright everyone! may I get your attention please. being intensely loud. "Welcome to Criminal Justice classroom I am your teacher Rina Trenholm but you can call me Mrs. Trenholm" "Alright/Okay/Yes Ma'am" everyone in the classroom said. "Good now lets begin class" Mrs. Trenholm said. As today was there first day Max paid extra attention for this is the good for his future career. Today was about the law's and how to deal with them, what they were doing was a writing packet about each law and taking notes. "Alright everyone listen up!" as the class look's at her. "Were gonna go ahead and start packing up for lunch and free time alright? let's go" Mrs. Trenholm said. The class starts to put everything away and head to the fancy buffet for lunch. As his class were walking down the hallway Max thought to himself "what if I ask Maisie to sit next to me?" "You alright bro?" "Yeah I'm fine" Max said to Scarlett "Can't wait to have yummy food, I heard it's good" Max said. "Alrighty everyone welcome to the buffet" The class couldn't believe it! it was amazing it caught there attention so fast.

Only to be continued...