I love you all

"She was loved throughout the continent, even outside of our world she was adored. None of us could have predicted this- this cruel attack," Gramps started to cry, tears falling into his beard, "Our guild isn't the same anymore. She brought us together, only to leave one day before she was to turn 30. I have lost another of my children, you have lost one of your guildmates, some have lost their partner, and one has lost her mother. But the sun shines cruelly on us today. As she would have wanted. Our sweet angel, Lucy Heartfillia." 

Nobody was prepared for the dark guild to attack, but they were even less prepared to lose the constantly smiling beautiful blonde. 

She was attacked from behind, but she refused to stop. She fought for her family's protection. She wouldn't stop, even while losing blood at a rapid rate, she fought the wizards off. 

It wasn't until the guild had won, and she had lost so much blood she just collapsed that she let it be known she wasn't able to continue. 

"The first time I met Lucy, our guild was brawling. I asked to borrow her underpants and she hit me with a plank of wood," Gray lets out a weak laugh. "Eventually, I was on a team with her, and I got to know her. Lucy always looked out for others, she never put herself first and it ended up- it ended up being the death of her," Gray's voice wavered for a split moment, but he took a breath to regather, "She was an angel on earth. She became a younger sister to me. Where I would turn to Erza for strength, I would turn to her for comfort. I'll miss you forever." 

Gray had been one of the many people people who had watched her start to fall. But, of course, he caught her. He always did. 

He protected her better than any of the others, Gray hated to admit it but this is one of the things he would never win at. 

He wished too, just so he could return the favour. But he always beat him to it.

"Lucy was scared of me when we first met. She told me that one day as we bathed together. She then told me she was wrong to be scared because underneath it all I'm a woman to look up to, she always said those kinds of things with so much ease," Erza stopped to wipe a tear from her eye, "I wanted to tell you then I wish I could be half the woman you are. Lucy, I swear I will look after your family for you. I won't let them suffer alone."

"Hey, it's alright. You'll be fine," Lucy had managed to say, "Don't cry, silly. You'll see me again, just not for many years, you get that. I'll wait for you, and everyone else, and I'll guide you home."

"Lucy, you need to let yourself be healed by Wendy," Erza begged.

"Please don't cry, your pretty face doesn't need tears," Lucy responded, reaching her hand past Him, "Please don't cry over me."

"I met her as we were all doing a quest, we aimed to defeat the Oración Seis. She was one of the fairy tail wizards who were chosen. Lucy always smiled kindly, and her smile was always true. Eventually, I came to fairy tail, and I got to know Lucy and her personality. When the guild split up Natsu, Lucy and Happy came to get me and Carla from Lamia scale. Then she got the rest of the guild back together," Wendy looks around the crowd, then finally to the grave, tears leaving her eyes uncontrollably by now, "I'm sorry I couldn't heal you."

"Wendy, please heal her," Happy, who had just arrived to help, begged Wendy.

"I-" Wendy's throat tightened, and she turned to him, "I can't heal her. Why can't I-"

"It's alright. There's nothing wrong with your magic. It's just too late for me. Help the others," Lucy reassured the little girl.

"But, Lucy-"