Chp. 37: Hey Jimin, You Nice, Keep Going

Ari's POV 🌸

I had so much fun spending the day with Jimin in the studio. We watched Lily record and chatted quietly so as not to disturb the work. He explained a lot about what was happening and the work Hyeon and Nabi were doing. Jimin has great insight into how recording in the studio works, what Lily was doing, and why she was doing certain things at any given moment. He even suggested some great picture angles and opportunities for video footage I should capture.

Jimin is such great company, he's thoughtful and caring, but he has a fun, sassy side. He's smart as a whip with his sense of humor, and we spend time sniggering under our breaths together over the dirtiest jokes.

At the end of the day, as we left the studio, Ha-Kun pulled Jimin aside to talk to him in private, and I said I would be back in a few minutes. I went to my desk, packed up, and then made my way back to the kitchenette to ensure the coffee pot was turned off.

When I turned the corner, I practically ran into Jimin, cupping Ha-Kun's cheek in his hand, telling him gently that he was sorry. Ha-Kun had tears streaming down his cheeks and was telling Jimin everything would be okay.

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry..." I choke out, feeling terrible I have interrupted a private moment between them.

Ha-Kun's cheeks are flush, and he wipes his hands over them, quickly brushing away his tears. "It's quite okay, Ari; I was just heading out. You both have a wonderful evening."

Jimin is left standing there with a look of anguish on his face.

"Jimin, are you okay?" my words are soft; I've never seen him speechless before.

"Honestly, no!" he murmurs.

"Joon is booked solid tonight, so I'm not going to see him," I continue and watch as Jimin's eyes finally start to focus on me as if he's beginning to awaken from a daydream. "Do you want to go somewhere and talk?" I offer concerned for my obviously shaken friend.

"I need to go somewhere and have a drink!" he utters. "I know a place we can go where nobody will bother us. Want to come with me?"

"Sure, let's go, Jimin-Angel." I loop my elbow through his, and we head out to his car.

A short time later, I find myself in the bar of some swanky establishment that apparently only the elite have access to. There are private booths and tables tucked into dark corners, and the staff are contracted and paid well to keep the secrets of the rich and famous.

A beautiful hostess leads us to a dark corner, and I hear Jimin describing a bottle of wine I'm unfamiliar with to the woman as we take our seats. The booth is encased in dark mahogany wood; the curved bench is dressed in black tufted cloth, making for a moody setting. The seating makes a half-circle around a small round table, and a small white votive candle sits in the center of the table, surrounded by a delicate glass globe, casting shadows across the rich wooden table.

Before long, we are drinking red wine quietly, and when I feel like Jimin has calmed down a bit, I broach the subject. "Did you and Ha-Kun have a fight? You both seemed so upset when I ran into you in the hallway."

"No, it wasn't anything like that," Jimin breathes out and looks up at the ceiling like he is trying to fight tears. "He..well, he told me he umm..."

"He told you he adores you?" I offer, knowing that Jimin isn't sure how open I am to Ha-Kun's lifestyle.

"Yes...."

"I'm guessing you don't feel the same?" I'm not really sure what or who Jimin is into, he's an enigma, and I don't want to try and define him incorrectly. In fact, I don't want him to feel like he has to label himself at all for the likes of me. I just want him to be happy.