44 Heir

Part 44 Heir

Khushi stood with a shocking expression. She looked at Arnav who was also looking at her with the same expression.

*A FAMOUS FERTILITY HOSPITAL MET WITH A FIRE ACCIDENT LAST NIGHT. THE MAIN BUILDING BURNT INTO ASHES COMPLETELY. THE PATIENTS ARE EVICTED SAFELY. *

Taking her mobile, Khushi dialed Preeto. She attended the call.

"Preeto, did you watch the news?" Khushi asked.

"What news?" Preeto asked with confusion as she was busy with her Roka work.

"Your hospital met with a fire accident"

"whaaaat? When?" she was shocked.

"Last night..."

"Really?"

"Yes..."

"I don't know about it Khushi. I slept late last night and got busy today morning."

"Oh... I thought you should have known about it. Do check"

"Let me enquire about it," Preeto said.

"Ok..." Khushi disconnected the call.

Though Arnav was watching the news he was looking at Khushi from time to time. He sat straight, looking at Khushi seeing her disconnecting the call.

"What did Preeto say?" he asked.

"She is unaware of the accident. She has been busy with the Roka works it seems"

"Oh..."

"What would have happened, Arnavji?" Khushi asked squeezing her hands.

Arnav nodded his head left to right thoughtfully. Khushi went to the kitchen and became busy with cooking and Arnav became busy with Abhi as well. As usual, Abhi went to school. After sending him off, Arnav came in and sat in the living room, switching on the TV. He wanted to know about the fertility clinic to the fullest.

Taking a bath, Khushi came out of the washroom, wiping her hair. She jerked hearing,

"Khushiiiiiii" Arnav shouted.

Khushi rushed to the living room and stood panting hard. A flash of news was running on the TV screen.

*THE COMPLETE RECORDS OF THE HOSPITAL GOT DESTROYED IN THE FIRE ACCIDENT*

She was awe-struck. Of course, she understood what Arnav want her to know. There was no evidence to prove Abhi was a test tube baby.

At the same time, Khushi got a call on her mobile. The call was from Preeto. Khushi attended it.

'Haan, Preeto..."

"Khushi, the main building of the hospital burnt completely, especially the RECORD room. The complete records of the past fifteen years are gone"

Khushi was speechless.

"I don't know what to name this other than fate, Khushi. You can say daringly Abhi is Arnav's biological son"

"But, does it make difference?"

"I don't know but I feel content"

"Don't you feel bad for the hospital?"

"What can I do, Khushi? It just happened... we can't change it."

"mmm"

"Come to the function a little earlier. We will talk in person" Preeto said.

"I will try"

"Will try? Why madam? Do you want to get your Mr's permission?" Preeto asked teasingly.

"No Preeto... there is a meeting in Unique Software. It may take time to get over. That's why I said. If it finishes soon, I will surely come"