The Accident

It was 9:43 on a Wednesday morning when I heard the news. I was at school in my second class when the principal called me to the office. I thought I was in trouble, so like any normal teenager I took my time to get there. Of course when I did I saw two policemen standing at the office doors. They were both sorta skinny except the one on the left was bald. As I approached the door the officer on the right said "May I have your first and last name please?" "Faye Bozeman." I replied. When I walked in the door I saw my principal, he told me to sit, so I pulled up a chair and sat down. As I asked him to explain why I was their I saw my father walk in the door. My heart filled with so much anger and sadness. I screamed "WHAT IS HE DOING HERE!" and my voice cracked with such pain, I decided not to say another word. "Well Faye, your mother has been in a terrible accident." her father said. "What do you mean an "accident"? I replied. "Faye, your mother is...dead." replied her father. My heart turned to fire, my eyes turned to puddles of water, and my face was beaded with sweat. I couldn't take it. The pain, the misery, the hatred. My eyes stung with tears as I made my way outside. The two officers outside the door followed me just in case. my mother was gone. My life, was gone. Where would I live? How would I cope? Who would tell me what to do? So many questions raced through my mind as I walked back in the building. As I started to sit back down in my chair my father said, "She is coming to live with me." I hopped out of my chair and screamed "NO!". The principal told us to go to court and figure that out. He asked us to leave so he could attend his next meeting. I stomped my way out of his office and turned towards my father. "What are you thinking? I am not going to live with you. I will never EVER live with you again." I said with the tears forming in my eyes. "Faye, maybe we can work something out. I would hate to leave you here." he said. "Maybe. Lets just get to the court house and talk this out." I replied. Her father quickly grabbed his keys from his pocket and walked to the car.