Must Watch Movies : SAFE HAVEN

CAST

Julianne Hough as Katie Feldman

Josh Duhamel as Alex

Wheatley Cobie Smulders as Jo David

Lyons as Kevin Tierney

Cullen Moss as Deputy Bass

Mike Pniewski as Lt. Robinson

Ric Reitz as Police Chief Mulligan

Mimi Kirkland as Lexi

Noah Lomax as Josh

Juan Carlos Piedrahita as Detective Ramirez

PLOT

Erin Tierney (Julianne Hough) leaves her abusive alcoholic husband, police officer Kevin Tierney (David Lyons), under disguise with the assistance of an elderly neighbor and moves to the small town of Southport, North Carolina, where she befriends her neighbor, Jo (Cobie Smulders), and adopts the identity of "Katie Feldman". She also meets Alex Wheatley (Josh Duhamel), the manager of a local convenience store, and his children, Lexie(6) and Josh(8). Alex's wife died of cancer, and he keeps letters written by her, to be given to their children in important moments of their lives.

With Jo's encouragement, Katie and Alex begin a romantic relationship. Lexie immediately accepts Katie, while Josh is initially resistant, believing Katie to be his mother's replacement, but eventually accepts her as well. Meanwhile, Kevin continues to search for Katie using his authority as a police officer, and forges reports that she is a wanted murderer. Upon seeing her picture in the police station, Alex confronts Katie, who reveals her true identity and past to him. Alex promises to protect her. Kevin is fired for misusing police resources. After listening to the elderly woman's phone message from Katie, letting her know that she is safe, Kevin heads to Southport to find her, after calling her phone number to figure out where she was.

During the Fourth of July firework show, Kevin breaks into Alex's convenience store while he and Josh are away and attacks Katie. Lexie hides in her mothers old office while Katie attempts to convince Kevin that she'll return with him, but he ignores her and douses the store with gasoline. Firework sparks accidentally ignite, and Alex rushes to the fire. Alex rescues Lexie, while Kevin prepares to shoot Katie. However, she is able to dodge and he accidentally shoots himself.

The next day, Alex retrieves his wife's letters from the fire and gives Katie the one that his wife had written "For Her" - the woman that Alex would fall in love with. Katie is surprised to learn that Alex's wife was Jo, and that she had been interacting with Jo's spirit. After Katie promises to love Alex and her children, Jo leaves, and Katie reunites with her new family.

SOURCE: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Safe_Haven_(film)

MY SAY:

Rate : 9 stars

It is really a movie you must watch or must read. The story was so captivating. If you want to feel kilig and at the same time wants to get touched, this is for you. The movie shows how a person moved on from a painful past and had courage to take the risk to love again. Alex's character shows how a man is capable to love his kids and strongly face life after losing the woman he loved. He chose to raise his children alone and waited for the right girl to spend his life with. Meanwhile, Ernie's character shows how a girl is capable to move on from a dark past. This movie changed my point of view. At first, I don't like movies with failed marriage but with this movie, it shows two sides of that. Alex who lose his wife because of cancer and Ernie trying to escape from an alcoholic husband. A story of second chances in love and life. At the end, after the twist and turns, they found eah other .. their safe haven.