Chapter 15

Akeno:"Mrhm..." She stirred in bed, starting to wake up.

Her eyes opened to the sunshine that shone through the windowsill. Akeno gripped her head from the pounding headache she has.

Akeno:"Ow, what happened? Hm?" She looked up and saw Koneko at the edge of the bed, curled up. Issei on a chair in the corner of the room with Kiba on his right. The door opened up to the room causing her attention to focus that way. Rias was there, looking at her best friend with tearful eyes.

Rias:"You're awake!" Rias lunged forward and squeezed Akeno in a tight hug.

Akeno:"Ow, you're hurting me, Rias. What happened?"

Grayfia:"You were in a deep sleep after experiencing a sudden traumatizing event. Do you recall anything?" She asked. Akeno looked at her and tried to think back at what happened. Luckily, she couldn't and that was a good sign.

Akeno:"No, I can't. Was it important?"

Grayfia:"Goodness no, we're just glad you're safe and sound now."

Akeno:"Where's Y/n?" When asked, Rias and Grayfia froze up. She knew something was wrong and started to worry.

Akeno:"Where is he?"

Grayfia:"He's going to be out for a while. Someone shifted to look exactly like you and I believe he's gone out to find them.

Akeno:"What?"

_________

Kuoh City

Y/n had ventured out for answers and possibly leads where to find Nightmare as well as the identity of that woman. No better place to start than with his old friend, Azazel. He pulled up to his apartment, hoping he could answer his questions.

Azazel:"Nope, don't know 'em."

Y/n:"What? Not even by the description I gave you?"

Azazel:"Nope, she isn't a Fallen or even a Devil for that matter. I don't think there has been a Devil matching her description so she might be someone new. Now for your buddy, Nightmare, I've been getting tips on his whereabouts."

Y/n:"Where!?"

Azazel:"Calm down, I don't know much but he's been terrorizing the Grigori Organization and going around having his fun the female Fallen Angels. It's all been random attacks, usually at night,  but I noticed a pattern in his strikes." He pulled out a map of the city and showed him.

Azazel:"Do you see it?"

Y/n:"Yeah...but if you knew then why didn't you go out there and find him yourself?"

Azazel:"I'm not particularly fond of fighting anymore in all honesty and besides..." He nudged his arm.

Azazel:"You're the Spirit of Vengeance, aren't you? The more atrocities he commits against people, the more that stare of yours will work against him." He revealed.

Y/n:"How do you know of the Pennance Stare?"

Azazel:"I have a bunch of free time, my friend. I'm sorry to say that I dug into information regarding the history behind you that's available in the human world. They mention a lot of things but that stood out the most. A single stare that immobilizes and sends all the pain back onto the offender, quite a skill."

Y/n:"Humans sure do like digging into people's personal life don't they?"

Azazel:"Uh personal? More like writing down what they see and passing it down through history. And can you really say that after that chick of yours went after you?"