My awakening

It was a Monday morning 6:00 am to be exact. It was an especially awful awakening considering the fact it was my first day as a senior in the high school. I have never been real great with people. Especially kids my age. Apparently the first day of Kindergarten i got sent home for biting a girl who took my graham cracker. I'm sure my mom was not too thrilled.

I hear that awful sound that is sounded at 6:05 every morning. The sound of my dreadful little sister, Maddy, yelling my name and announcing breakfast. I immediatly roll out of my creaky, back-aching twin bed and stomp down the steps to shut Maddy the monster up. As usual my lazy, good for nothing mother is sitting at the table drooling on the morning's paper. Ever since my father's death nothing has been right for my family. I guess i understand my mother's pain but, the way she has dealt with it lately is uncalled for.

"Patty... Patty," I yell. My mother hates when i call her by her name. She thinks it's direspectful. That is exactly why I do it. "What Olivia," groans my mother. "You have to take this piece of garbage/Maddy to school. I refuse to walk her to the bus stop and she is to big of a baby to go by herself!" My mother keeps quiet and nods her head like she is unable to speak. How pathetic.

I don't feel hungry this morning, like most of the time, i just shove a granola bar in my backpack which most likely will end up not eating. As i'm walking out the door to go to the prison everyone calls school, i begin to feel nervous. I grab my helmet and bike, knowing today will be the first day of the worst year of my life.