42

Jade POV.
"Mom, please just come. I bet dad won't even bother you."
Ft, Baby Shower Invite's.

"Hello?" I said, hearing my mom voice finally come through the phone. "Yes jade, I'm here." Jazzman said, My mom. "Mom you never texted me back." I said, hearing her sigh a bit. "I'm sorry, I was working on this thing and didn't look down at my phone, but what did you text me." She said, causing me to mentally roll my eyes before sighing.

"I'm having a baby shower and I wanted to know if you wanted to come" I said, "Of course I wanna come, why you even asking me that." She said, "Well I'm asking because.." I stopped a bit and hesitated, "because dad gone be there." I finally finished my sentence, hearing the line go completely quiet.

"Why he gotta be invited." She said in a annoyed tone, "Cause at the end of the day that's still my father." I said, "He damn sholl ain't act like one, running the streets and being a fucking idiot." She said, "Yes but he was still there for me and this is also his grandchild as much it is yours, so please." I said, "Just please come and be civil for me." I said, "For your grandchild." I said again, hearing as she deeply sighed and stayed quiet for a bit.

"Fine I'll come, but if he say anything to me that's not respectful, I'm whooping his ass." She said, causing me to laugh a bit. "You know deep down you love that man" I said, knowing she was rolling her eyes right now. "Any updates on your boyfriend?" She said, causing me to now be the one annoyed and a bit upset. "Yes & No, his brother went to talk to him in jail the other day, he asked about me and said he loved me, was worried about me and such." I said, "But they still not putting his bond up,
It's like they processing it." I said.

"Well baby that's always how it works, even though y'all took that cop down, they still see jayb as a threat, he was accused of killing someone and the gun had his fingerprints all over it, so in there head there cautious and still have to keep him monitored." She said, "I know but I need him literally, things are becoming hard." I said, sitting down onto the bed as I looked at my belly.

"I understand, but you gotta be strong." She said, "and how is kordell doing? That boy ain't been calling me lately." She said, "He ain't been in the right mindset, The whole situation got him messed up too, he literally won't even say three words." I said, hearing my mom sigh, a sigh I knew too well. It means she was gone put things into her own hands and solve it. That's one thing about it, she couldn't stand seeing her kids sad, it broke her.

"he date kiana right?" she said, "yes." I said, "I haven't heard from her in forever ethier, how is she?" my mom asked, "she's well, she was just over here actually, poking at my belly and talking to my belly like she the daddy or something." I said, laughing a bit. "That girl crazy." Jazzman said, "Yeah but she's been a lot of help, she also been looking out for kordell and trying to help him out, so." I said, "Well that's good but have you even planned how you want the baby shower to be or look?" She said.

"well yeah, I have actually. I've already ordered all the stuff I need and we gone begin to set it all up soon, and then Kiana's gonna cook, I also will be cooking, kordell is gonna make sure everything goes well, and jay is going to bring jayb side of the family with him, since there twins and the only person I talk to on jayb side of his family is his mother." I said, "alright, well I love you & I gotta go, be safe." she said before hanging up.

"I love you too." I said, putting my phone down and looking around. "ain't no point in sitting here, might as well go run some errands." I said, standing up slowly and going over to my closet, deciding on what to wear. Taking off my pajama pants and shirt, I put a gray dress, slowly slipping it on as I let out a deep breath. Just getting dress tired me out.