Chapter 1 Proposal and Business

The years had passed since Michael Jon Carter and Hannah Maxston otherwise known as Booster Gold and Wild Heart had started their relationship. They were now a loving couple and were very happy.

They had been dating since they were 15. Michael was a few months older than Hannah. Hannah had chosen to live in Michael's time with him long ago while at the academy to be with him and try to do her best while there. 

Michael sighed and looked at Hannah's picture with love. "You really like her don't you sir?" Skeets asked.

"I sure do Skeets," Michael said. "She is the one Skeets, I just know she is the one," he said.

"You know she might marry you, if you work up the nerve to ask her," Skeets said.

"I know Skeets, I have been saving money for a long time, much of it I have been investing in my business," Michael said. "Many tell me my idea for my business is stupid and a waste of time," he said. "Hannah she is believing in me," he said.

"I believe in you sir," Skeets said.

"I know that Skeets," Michael said. "I know my friends from the academy believe in me too, but the other people I know don't they say I am wasting my time and such," he said.

"Don't listen them sir, just do what you love and it will be fine," Skeets said.

"Well I sure hope so, now I just have to focus on my company and being with Hannah," Michael said.

"Yes sir, she is a great catch you are lucky to have her." Skeets said.

"Thanks Skeets," Michael said.

Michael had been saving money since for as long as he could remember he had remembered how much he loved Hannah. It had been a couple of weeks since the conversation with Skeets so he decided now was the time to ask her.

He was looking for a special ring.

He picked a very nice ring for her and he hoped he picked a good one. It wasn't very big but he was planning on getting her better ring someday. "You think I picked a nice ring Skeets?" Michael asked.

"Of course I do sir," Skeets said.

"I am just worried, about it, it is kind of cheap because I have been investing in my business I hope it doesn't matter to Hannah," Michael said.

"I don't think it will sir," Skeets said.

It was the day of their date and they were having dinner. "This is a very nice date Michael," Hannah said.

"Hannah I have something I want to ask you," Michael said.

"Oh what is it?" Hannah asked.

Michael opened the box and showed the ring. "Hannah will you marry me?" Michael asked.

Hannah was in shocked and then she smiled. "Yes," Hannah said.

Then they hugged and kissed.

"It is so lovely," Hannah said.

"I am glad you like it," Michael said. "I will get you a better ring someday I promise," he said. "I just hope I can open my own company like I want," he said.

"Don't worry, I support you no matter what," Hannah said. "So don't worry about it, I am fine with this ring," she said.

"I will still get you a better ring anyway, because when I hopefully open up my own business I will be able to give you everything you deserve," Michael said.

"You are good person Michael and you go forward and try to make your company because I believe in you," Hannah said.

"Thank you Hannah," Michael said.