▪︎■ 19 ■▪︎

▪︎■ Ainara Moreno ■▪︎

While the warm water ran down my body, I thought about our conversation. The way he asked me if he did something wrong made me weirdly sentimental. I wasn't quite sure why, but I could imagine my past as a reason. He was sweet and caring, not like Gutiérrez and his men. Not like the men I knew. His actions and words really got to my emotional side. I never thought a man could treat me like this. It was weird. Foreign and comforting all at once.

My thoughts were cloudy, I was spent after I threw up and on top of that had to shower.

"Adrin?"

"Yes?"

"Towel..." I slurred.

I heard him walking around the room and then coming towards the shower. I opened the glass door and saw him standing there, looking at the other end of the room. It somehow stung my ego but I knew he was just being respectful.

He held out the towel for me to reach out and cover my body. With shaky legs, I got out of the big shower and grabbed the towel, wrapping it around my wet body.

I tried to be as fast as possible while drying myself and getting into Adrin's clothes.

My head was spinning and when I took another step, I fell forward. His strong grip stopped me and pulled me to his body.

I looked at his face which was blurry but still beautiful and met his gaze, exhausted after everything.

His arms wrapped around my body and lifted me up, carrying me into the room next door. I held onto him with my own arms around his neck. My head was leaning against his shoulder and I enjoyed his smell coming from both of us due to the clothes I had borrowed and his shower gel and shampoo.

I still felt sick and groaned lowly but the tension between us was still there; even over my drunkness I could feel it.

"You can sleep here, I will of course take the other bedroom next door... The bathroom is right there."

Only now I recognized the room was his bedroom.
Fuck, he's cute.

He layed me down onto the bed, towering over me. My hands were still meeting behind his neck and I gave him a hooded glance before I slightly lifted my head and let my lips meet the skin in between his shoulder and neck.

I loved the way his muscles tensed and felt under my touch, under my lips and tongue. My nails slightly drew circles right below his hairline. His breathing hitched by the surprise and he shortly hesitated before pulling away, careful but firmly.

"I can't. I won't take advantage of you in this state," he said, using the same first words I told him yesterday. I watched him gulp, his adam's apple bobbed. We stared at each other, eyes speaking more than we could say out loud.

"Okay," I whispered, feeling a mixture of sadness and embarassment along with acceptance.

At last Adrin got up and walked through the room, not looking back until he lastly disappeared through the door.

I pulled the blanket over my body, feeling cold and alone.

▪︎■▪︎■▪︎■▪︎

Even my exhaustion couldn't make me sleep. I was laying inside the comfy bed, awake, now being able to think clearly enough to feel bad but not enough to regret anything I did inside this house.