Part I: Me

I am Leona. The only friend I have is Merci, my best plant friend. Merci was left near me the day of The End, as all the survivors (which would be very few; most likely fewer than a hundred) call it. The End was when the moon was swallowed by Mister Sun, followed in a decade or so by Earth, Mother Earth as my parents used to say. But the very few that survived thanks to the famous rocket scientist Miss Ella Hemp's brains, were taken to the edge of the universe, where we would not be disturbed on our dwarf planet Q-Venna for at least a few million generations.

My name is Leona because when I was born, it was known that approximately an year later the sun would end us. Hence, since the sun was like a fierce lion ready to devour us soon, I was named Leona, which is the female form of the Latin word-cum-name, "Leo", meaning lion.

I'm eating my nuts and snacks right now, and am in the full mood for another little tale. 

Once, I read a small book. It was called "Add Helena" by Louis Hugo Martin, a French author and cardiologist. Helena Bronze was a paranormal girl, who was encouraged to find her passion and talent from the very beginning of her life. I still recall the last quote I read from the book.

"I know not where I come from, or who I am, or what will be, but say that the world is much farther than solely knowing who one is," said Miss Bronze. "Knowing your destiny takes you farther. If you do not know, then you will be aimless in this world," argued her father. "Yes, Father. But if I know just myself, won't I be lost to others, then, being clueless of the world around me?" "Then know both the world within you and that around you," he replied, in a fit of irritation. 

That day changed Helena Bronze's life. 

I could read no farther, for at that time I had been called upon for a World Meeting, where the 'world', as they say, is no more than the population of a hundred at present. In the hurry, I had left and forgotten the book in some random place and never brought it back to my house.

So that's it about Merci and I.

Stay tuned to know more soon about the life of Q-Venna, our dear savior home!

*