𝚃𝚘 𝙻𝚎𝚡𝚊, 𝙻𝚘𝚟𝚎, 𝙲𝚕𝚊𝚛𝚔𝚎.

At first, I hadn't heard the deafening sound of a bullet going off. No, instead, I heard your gasp. I heard a bullet hitting flesh. I heard your name spill from my lips in a quiet whisper.

The world around me had stopped. Perhaps it was the affects of getting shot at, that had done that to me. Or maybe, it was the frightening sight of a bullet penetrating your stomach. I'm sure it was a mix of both. They were both unexpected. Shocking. Something you wish would happen to someone else yet also yourself all in the same.

Your gaze first found his as he dropped the weapon with a small 'clank' to the floor. He gasped your title. I'm not sure if it was in surprise, or shock. Surprised to see you had caught him in the act. Or shock that he had missed me, and you had taken my place.

Your gaze traveled to your wound next, and although I doubt anyone else had heard the small gasp you uttered, I did. It will haunt me in my dreams for as long as I live.

Finally, oh finally, your gaze turned to mine. As I met your eyes I knew all of my questions had been answered. They were all no.

"Will you make it through this?"

'No.'

"Is that someday going to be ours?"

'No.'

"Can I save us?"

'No...'

I suppose I should have been grateful for the moments we had shared together, but I wasn't. Not when you were collapsing to the floor, gasping in pain or in need of breath, I'm not sure.

Not when your sheets that we had so riotously tangled ourselves in not moments earlier became soaked in your blood.

Not when you had uttered the words 'My fight is over.'

Certainly not when you began gasping for air, when your body began shutting down and I could do nothing to help you.

Not when I uttered the words "May we meet again" and felt your lips on mine for the last time. I memorized how soft they were. How they so easily molded against mine. How you used your remaining strength to return it...

It is in my hope that we get our someday, Lexa. For I will wait for you.

To Lexa,

Love, Clarke.